Parents Can this leo be saved?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
As a rule leos and dance wear do not go in the dryer at my house . . . well, it seems DD's favorite velvet leo snuck into the dryer and got that lovely dryer burn in several spots. Wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a nice burn in the crotch. :-( Before I turn the beloved leotard into a pillow for her bed . . . any ideas? Can this leo be saved?

I tried liquid detergent and scratching at it with my nail, soaked it in cold water, next move is going to be to brush it with a toothbrush.

I'm going to say it's probably not saveable :( does your DD wear shorts with her leos at all? That could cover the one in the crotch ;)

Sorry no fixes for that leo - looks like a pillow is in your DD's future. If your dryer is buring the leos though then you might want to check your dryer settings. I've never had clothes "burn" or "scorch" in a dryer ever even at the laundramat. All of my DD's leos go in the dryer with all the other clothes and I have never had an issue with it. I do turn them inside out when they get washed and dryed so the jewels etc don't get caught on things but other than that in the 13 years she has been doing gymnastics I've never had a leo burn. Colors run yes but burn no.

If you have issues with burning clothing you should have the dryer vent checked to make sure it isn't obstructed as dryers have safety devices in them to make sure that it doesn't get hot enough to burn clothing. is your dryer a Fridgidare? I've heard they have has some issues with their gas dryers and clothing burning.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think there was much of a chance but had to ask LOL

DD is not considered "old" enough to wear shorts. There is a point where the coaches allow shorts . .. if you get my drift.

As for the dryer . . it's old and smaller then the washer. It occasionally gets over filled. :-S

Thanks again - a pillow it is LOL

Sounds like its time for a new dryer too. the newer ones have a safety so if it gets too hot and could burn something it shuts off the heat until it cools down. Over loading too can cause the venting not to vent correctly and have issues.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back