WAG can you help me find a video of a bail with a extra half turn?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can you post a video of what the skill usually looks like without the extra half twist? When you say bail, I'm thinking
Yes, in my head I was thinking a bail, like the video you posted. Imagine the girl twisting another 1/2 turn before landing in handstand on the low bar - so she is facing the high bar instead of outward.

But as I have posted, I probably saw a pak with a twist and didn't realize it because it didn't look like a traditional pak. If I ever come across it again, I will definitely post it. It was a recent video of the past few years. And I believe it was L10 or college because those were the videos I was looking at = at the time.

That's Lia Parolari in the black leo doing the piked snap down. Otto's first skill looks more like a full twisting double tuck over the bar.

That's Lia Parolari in the black leo doing the piked snap down. Otto's first skill looks more like a full twisting double tuck over the bar.

Lia's skill is a Tsuk pike or snap down pike. Otto's first skill is the same as Lia's with a full twist done just a bit earlier but is NOT a full twisting Kovacs. it is a Tsuk full or a snap down tuck full. :)

These are the two recent-ish level 10/elite girls who do/did a Bhardwaj that came to mind- perhaps it was one of them?
Lexy Ramler- 2013 JO National Champ (Jr. A)

Leslie Mak- Oregon State

Lia's skill is a Tsuk pike or snap down pike. Otto's first skill is the same as Lia's with a full twist done just a bit earlier but is NOT a full twisting Kovacs. it is a Tsuk full or a snap down tuck full. :)

I didn't say it was a Kovacs. I said full twisting double tuck over the bar. Lia and Chelsea's skills don't seem similar at all to me. Lia comes to a complete stop and then does a very clear snap. Chelsea releases for her dismount the same way she releases for her gaylord. I don't see any snap down action in either the Otto I or the Otto II. She releases on both her dismount and her gaylord pretty much the same as the guys release for their high bar hijinks. Check 1:51

Obviously not nearly as well, but still. Otto's technique looks a lot more like what they're doing than what Lia is doing.

the bar (hands to hands catch) such that the Kovacs is. it's a single somi off the bar to a dismount to their feet. NOT their hands (catch).

the reason they 'look' different is because one comes from an in bar stalder which must come to a handstand (coming to a stop) in order to leave the bar properly, and the other from a giant swing.

and when you say "full twisting double tuck over the bar" you ARE saying Kovacs. Kovacs and Kohlman are 1/1 somi's (not actual double somi's) over the top of the bar to 'catch'. what you are watching these girls perform is not that.

count the rotations...:) if both girls 'caught' the bar they would be Kovacs. that's what distinguishes the two girls from the boys. the rotations count from hands to hands. not from the hands to the feet. hope this clears up your confusion. :)

what is missing above for some reason:

i understand what you are saying but i do not want anyone here to understand that what the girls are doing is a Kovacs/Kohlman. they are NOT.

yes, one looks like a "snap down" and the other looks like it's 'slinging' (Epke style) off the bar. it is because it is coming from a giant. but both are identical in what they are doing. and one has no twist and the other does.

what makes a Kovacs a Kovacs is that the guy 'catches' the...(now go to above post and continue)

@dunno | Is a triple flyaway dismount known as a Magaña in both MAG and WAG? or just in WAG? Also, I believe a Kovacs has no twisting. It's simply a hands to hands catch. From my own research and observation I've come to learn that a Kovacs is a tuck over the bar, a Kolmer is a pucked full-twisting somersault over the bar, and a Cassina is a layed out full-twisting somersault over the bar. Have I been misled or misinformed?

Magana is women's only.

and yes:

Kovacs= somi only

Kohlman= somi with twist

Cassina- above both in lay out

and you could call a Gaylord a "1/2 Kohlman". :)

@dunno | One more question: as far as vault is concerned, I know a Produnova is a front handspring double front in WAG. What is it called in MAG?

In MAG a handspring double front and double front 1/2 on vault are both called dragulescu :)
After Marian Dragulescu? I knew a front handspring front in half out was called a Dragulescu. I didn't know that a front handspring double front was also called that. Thanks for the info! Bless Romania! That country is full of superhuman gymnasts!

I did count the rotations. Chelsea does one and a half just like other double back dismounts except she goes back over the bar instead of out and away from it. In contrast, this is a really good look at what Lia does. 1:37

Lia snaps down and doesn’t let go of the bar until her feet are down. She does just over one rotation.

"and when you say "full twisting double tuck over the bar" you ARE saying Kovacs. "

Not when it’s clear the gymnast is doing a dismount.

Oh man some great videos here! Anyone ever seen or have a video of a girl actually catching a Kovacs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back