Off Topic Candy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm like Shawn. I just love sweets and chocolate in seasons. Definitely candy canes and gingerbread at Christmas, Creme Eggs at easter, Haribo sour and marshmallows at Halloween. Chocolate anytime. Cadbury's is best. Did you know some Americans bought it. People are not happy in the UK. We don't want you to change it! :(

Sadly I could live on sweets and chocolate. My poor teeth!

Just a bit off topic... but I am an orthodontist. Be carefull eeating those yummy candies if you have braces or other orthodontic "things" in your mouth.. even retainers!

My office buys back the Halloween candy from our community's kids at $2 per pound and dontates it (only the hard type candy) to our armed services overseas. We double the $$ distributed to the kids and give that amount to a local charity. Great way to help lots of people... and keep my little gymmies from eating too many sweets.

Oh, BTW... Hershey's with almonds!!

Skittles, nerds anything as long as it doesnt have chocolate in it or mint .

Just a bit off topic... but I am an orthodontist. Be carefull eeating those yummy candies if you have braces or other orthodontic "things" in your mouth.. even retainers!

My office buys back the Halloween candy from our community's kids at $2 per pound and dontates it (only the hard type candy) to our armed services overseas. We double the $$ distributed to the kids and give that amount to a local charity. Great way to help lots of people... and keep my little gymmies from eating too many sweets.

Oh, BTW... Hershey's with almonds!!

My hubby is a dentist, for many years I have bought back my kids candy and sent it to the nearest prison via the chaplain, they like it. We would rather our kids ate chocolate, candy is not something we ever encourage, too hard on the teeth.

we have curly wurlys in AUS :D i don't really like chocolate and candy but if i had to choose it would be dairy milk chocolate :)

Chocolate! Take 5 bars are probably my favorite type at the moment, and chocolate covered pretzels in general, but I'm really a fan of most types of chocolate. I have a little M&M container with a cute scoop on my desk so I can satisfy my cravings with just 5 or 10 pieces at a time, it keeps me from going overboard! I also really like gummy bears.
I love chocolates from the UK. There is an English shop near my parents and they get us candies there for our Christmas stockings and, if I'm really lucky, my mom sends some by mail at other times of the year. It's always an exciting delivery. I love Cadbury flakes and dairy milk.
They sell Cadbury chocolate in the states but, from what I've heard, it's owned by Hershey's and just isn't the same. I think it has something to do with the amount of preservatives put into American foods.

I love Smarties (the chocolate kind, not the strange pasty kind they have in the states), Coffee Crisp, Mackintosh toffee, Wine Gums, Skor, Big Turk and mint flavoured Aero bars. Pretty much nothing you can get in the States! I remember my mom making tasty homemade maple treats when I was little too. Yum.

Now in the States? M & Ms are okay they just never quite hit the spot. I don't eat that many sweets. (I do love Twizzlers though)

I love Smarties (the chocolate kind, not the strange pasty kind they have in the states), Coffee Crisp, Mackintosh toffee, Wine Gums, Skor, Big Turk and mint flavoured Aero bars. Pretty much nothing you can get in the States! I remember my mom making tasty homemade maple treats when I was little too. Yum.

Now in the States? M & Ms are okay they just never quite hit the spot. I don't eat that many sweets. (I do love Twizzlers though)

mmmmm Mint Aero :lovestruck:

I do have to say the best chocolate I have ever had is Italian chocolate. The kids every year get this huge hollow chocolate egg (has a toy inside of it) from their great-uncle in Italy. It is pure heaven. Has a totally different taste, texture, consistancy..everything. Very light in your mouth, and the taste is just very, I dont know..pure.

Cadbury Twirls, followed closely by Curly Wurly!

Bog, (kind of silly question...) you've had an aero bar, right? (Pretty sure they're Canadian?) Anyways, a friend of mine was in Canada, and she brought one back for me. AMAZING!!! US chocolate is nothing compared to foreign chocolates...
But I do like my hershey's! :D

There is a place here in the states, not sure how many states...but I know Ohio and Az both have them...called The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...everything there is good!!
THey have the best truffles...melt in your mouth!!
and...if you really want to live dangerously, they have frozen chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick...absolutely heavenly!!!

There is a place here in the states, not sure how many states...but I know Ohio and Az both have them...called The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...everything there is good!!
THey have the best truffles...melt in your mouth!!
and...if you really want to live dangerously, they have frozen chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick...absolutely heavenly!!!

mmmm..................:p

Bog, (kind of silly question...) you've had an aero bar, right? (Pretty sure they're Canadian?) Anyways, a friend of mine was in Canada, and she brought one back for me. AMAZING!!! US chocolate is nothing compared to foreign chocolates...
But I do like my hershey's! :D

There are aero bars made in Canada and there are aero bars made in the UK, they do not taste anything alike. UK chocolate has a higher milk content. Hersheys is just nasty! THe only NOrth Ameriacn chocolate I really like is GOdiva.

The other thing I am craving is Thorntons continental, you UK folk know that shop! Christmas is coming and I better get some from my Mummy!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back