Parents Car stickers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdoc

Proud Parent
So we are working on fundraising. One of our gym moms is a graphic designer and can make car decals for $5 each. Question is how much to sell them for to make a profit? Proceeds will go to all team members equally. I feel like this is not a good fundraiser, because it will be mostly team kids that buy them, not a ton of rec or family members, so we will be lucky to get out $5 back. How much would you be willing to pay for a car decal?

That is a tough one. I would probably pay $5 to $7. I guess it would depend on what they look like. Maybe $10 to suppress the team.

We paid $10 for ours, not sure how profitable it was but my DD loves it on the car. It also makes my very popular make and model "mom mobile" easy to spot in a parking lot as its pretty unique. Good luck, fund raising is not easy!

We looked in to this, and yard signs as well. It depends on how active the facility is with various programs. You will have some recreation folks interested, but yes- the majority is going to come from team parents/families. We've found yard signs to be better as families (rec and non rec) have shown the most interest in them. Our gym does stickers (for free) and the booster club has magnets that you receive upon joining (and can purchase additional ones if you choose - for $5, I believe).

That sounds like a very high production cost per sticker ($5 each). I don't know the size, but you should be able to upload custom art to an online printing company like buildasign.com and get the cost of printing about 50 of them down to less than $1 per sticker. Unless you're doing something very large?

Here's a fake sample one (4 x 6" car sticker decal) I mocked up for fun to price out (yes, it's ugly!).
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 8.40.31 PM.png

You can buy them at meets for $5. I would not charge much more than that, so you would not be making any profit. As others have said, that production cost is way too high. Even Magnets don't cost that much to make. I know because our swim team sells them for $5 and they are making a profit on them.

Also, the gym owner, not the bc should be doing this and giving them away for free since it is free advertising. I never understood the thought process behind businesses charging their customers for things like this.

I work in an "adjacent" industry. It depends what she is printing on and with and how large, but it sounds like she is charging money for her design time. I'm not saying she's ripping you off or anything, but $5 a sticker before sale is not a deal (if this is to make money as a fundraiser). See if she will do the design work for free and take the design to a local sign company (make sure the artwork is an eps file or a high-res jpg) and see if they will charge less to print/cut for you. Often they will charge less if design time is not needed and if you order in bulk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back