CB Policy on filesharing, other not-always-legal means of acquiring routine music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
In a recent topic on floor music, a discussion came up of copying music from a youtube video in order to get it without paying for it. After a bit of discussion between the mods, here is the policy we've arrived on:

You are free to recommend floor music, and you are free to recommend sites that offer free music so long as they do it LEGALLY. However, you may not recommend any methods of acquiring music that involve copyright infringement or theft.

I'm with you...my DGD (darling grandaughter's) music is always paid for even tho I know gyms in the area that recommend their gymnasts go to youtube and grab stuff. Stealing is stealing!

My routine has 3 songs, the first is unavailable to buy, so I took it from youtube, I believe it's not even copyrighted.
The second is from a free site that was here, I think. It was from another gymnast or sth.
The third is from youtube - angry birds rio - and I had permission (I think).

I have to do it, because there's no way I would be able to buy it in my country.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back