CB's 3rd Unique Contest! 2012 Edition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

henrik541

Gymnast
Hi! So, here we are again to start our 3rd Annual Chalk Bucket's Unique Contest. Last year, gymnastbeth (winner of the first edition) started the second contest, http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/gymnast-forum/34645-cb-unique-contest-2011-a.html, but nobody entered it. I believe it was due to the fact that it was starting close to the end of summer holidays.

That's why I'm starting it now, on July 8th, hoping that most of the gymnasts here are on holidays already...

So, bringing back gymnastbeth post last year:
"Basically, you have to invent your own skill. You can post a video, pictures, or just describe it. Post your skill to this thread." (NOT previous years' thread).

The deadline is the 31st of August!
At that point, another thread will be started for voting.

Remember:
  1. The skill has to be created by you.
  2. It can be an uncommon mix of different skills, i.e. a back walkover into splits (not original, I know, but it's a mix)
  3. It's permitted to add a new flare to an exhisting skill: last time, gymgurl posted a reverse straddled Jaeger.

So, that said, have fun and be creative!

Oh, cool! Okay, I have one that I have been thinking about for a while. I have no idea if it's possible and have definitely never tried it, so I will just describe it:
It's kind of a different version of a round off two backhandsprings. So you do the round off and go into the first bhs, but instead of landing on your feet and pushing into the next one, you get a really good block off your hands, miss your feet (kind of pike your legs so they don't scrape the ground), and put your hands down for the next bhs. So, it's like two bhs but you miss your feet in between them.
Sorry if that wasn't a very good description. Just ask if you want to me to explain it better :D
Oh, and I have a question. Can you only have one entry, or can you make up more than one skill?

Cartwheel to handstand press through stalder circle on bars! Funny enough I can only do the stalder out of the press through.

It's kind of a different version of a round off two backhandsprings. So you do the round off and go into the first bhs, but instead of landing on your feet and pushing into the next one, you get a really good block off your hands, miss your feet (kind of pike your legs so they don't scrape the ground), and put your hands down for the next bhs. So, it's like two bhs but you miss your feet in between them.

Oh, and I have a question. Can you only have one entry, or can you make up more than one skill?

Wow, that sounds amazing! And very dangerous, too! :D It's like a tsukahara on floor, but instead of missing the round-off, you miss the bhs, right?

gymnastbeth, I would say you could post as many entries as you want, but since you've said that, I would propose that they can only enter one skill, but if you post more than one you have to decide which one goes for voting, otherwise the first one will go. What do you think?

Wow, that sounds amazing! And very dangerous, too! :D It's like a tsukahara on floor, but instead of missing the round-off, you miss the bhs, right?

And that is why I am not going to try it! I have a couple of American Girl dolls from a couple years ago so I tried making one of them do it (they are very useful for making up skills!) and it looked pretty cool.
And yes, it is like a tsuk on floor, never thought of it that way!

I once saw a tsuk on beam and immediately thought of a yurchenko as beam dismount: ro, bhs to hands, back tuck off. I searched online, but nothing. So I dropped the idea.

Then I saw a tsuk on a men's floor routine, into a front roll out, so I suppose it's possible to do your skill. :D

PS - I'm not entering the contest with the skill I described above, because I had totally forgot about it, it came back to my mind thanks to the skill that LiveLoveTumble invented. I'm still creating my skill.

i don't know if this would work, exactly. but i though of this for a level 7 floor pass. i still don't know if i could use it, but whatever :rolleyes:.

this is just a weird combo i've never seen anyone do: front handspring front tuck/layout step out front aerial. i think it would look really cool. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back