Parents Celebrating... :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

crystallions

Proud Parent
We are celebrating a couple of things and I wanted to share it with you all...

Last year was DD first year on a team. She was on a level 3 TAAF team (kind of like excel). The competition season was this last spring (Jan - April). She loved every moment of training, and was excited to try out competing. Her highest AA was 32.975.

She absolutely loves gymnastics and asked to be moved to a compulsory team so she could train more hours. She was moved early June, and had her first meet with her new team (compulsory level 3) early September. Her new AA is 36.550! Amazing what some extra months of training can do. :) She is so excited! (I realize there are many who score way higher, but for her this is awesome and shows her improvement from the spring to the fall.) :)

The second thing we are celebrating is that she got her kip a couple of months ago. :) wooHOO!

Thank you everyone for joining the celebration! :)

Yes, the kip took a while to get. It was so much fun when I came to pick up DD and the coach came running to show me a video she had taken of DD doing the kip. Besides being fun to see DD do the kip I loved the ending which was a shot of all DD's teammates cheering and dancing. :)

Great job! Learning new skills and improving are the most rewarding part of this sport. Never stop being excited for each new acomplishment. Focus on the skills, not the competition, because our scores at competitions reflect your hard work and improvements during practice/off season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back