Chalk Kills COVID!

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
Awesome! I just shared this with a friend that likes to climb.

Reactions: GAgymmom

krc

Coach
Club Owner
Dec 19, 2012
I sincerely hope this gets verified under review, but as one editor cautiously notes:

" EDITOR’S NOTE 7/27/2020: This early and limited study is no reason to alter operational procedures at any climbing facility – chalk has not been “proven” to affect Covid-19. This is interesting and potentially very impactful news for our industry, and we are covering it as such. The findings from this first research project still need to be formally released and peer reviewed. We can all hope these conclusions are confirmed with further rigorous research."

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Feb 21, 2015
Country
USA
The way the media goes from one extreme to the other, the next thing will be that it causes cancer....

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 4, 2009
Country
USA
Right, but that's not how chalk might possibly kill COVID. This is all about surfaces.
Yes, that’s what I understand from this study too. So best case scenario from this research is we don’t have to worry about gymnasts sharing the same chalk block/bucket or cleaning bars between gymnasts(which is actually pretty great). It doesn’t say anything about gymnasts crowding around a chalk bucket breathing and coughing in each other’s faces, study wasn’t about chalk helping reduce transmission of airborne COVID in close contact situations.

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
Hey, it is one less thing that gym parents have to worry about. I'll take it! Not that I ever thought getting it from chalk (or any other surface really) was a high probability but still is a reassurance.

Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!