DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Welcome to 2019... this is going to be a year of big change around here as both @bogwoppit and @Geoffrey Taucer are stepping away. These two have played a huge role in making ChalkBucket into the great site that it is today. Thank you both so much... you are always welcome here.

As most of you know... I have not played a very large role in the site for quite some time now. I am just the technical side of things... so here goes my 2019 tech update.

Moving into the future with Xenforo 2.0.12

We were most recently using Xenforo 1.5.21... we are now using Xenforo 2.0.12. This upgrade was considered a major version upgrade. This means that none of our former third party add-ons work anymore. This was a necessary upgrade as Xenforo has announced the end of life for the Xenforo 1.5.x version software. This means that all support and upgrades to Xenforo 1.5.x will cease as of the end of 2019. For this reason... we have moved to Xenforo 2.0.12 right now.

It has taken lots of testing... but we have found a way to save the data from the social groups. The social groups were running on an old third party add-on that is no longer supported. We tested both Xenforo 2.0.12 along with a new third party add-on for the social groups as well as completely switching forum software to Invision Community 4.4 which has a "clubs" (social groups) feature built in. After getting both setup and running on a local testing environment... Xenforo 2.0.12 with the third party add-on won. Only one issue... it is going to take some time to get all of the information moved over to the new social groups add-on.

There will be another post soon about the social groups... until then... explore the site and learn more about gymnastics.

Ok... we're getting close to looking more like ChalkBucket. Let me know if you are having any issues.

Thank you JBS for the update and for everything you do!!
I like the new format, looks clean. Hoping to see the social groups back to working soon!
Thank You to Bogwoppit and Geoffrey Taucer. I am not a super vocal member here, but I have learned a lot from you. Huge respect!

I like the way it looks today -- coming along nicely and looking more how it used to. Thank you for working so hard on this! My husband has been in charge of message board upgrades in the past so I know it's a lot of work and can be very frustrating.

I'm happy that I can easily see the new posts and that clicking the title automatically takes me to the first unread post in the thread.

I didn’t realize that GT was also stepping away. Both have been virtual friends and I’ll miss them and their contributions.

Hadn't said anything outside of the admin board yet, but really I've hardly been active here the last year or two anyway, so I'm more or less just formalizing what's already been going on anyway.

GT,

I knew that you hadn’t been around. You talked about being frustrated and looking outside the sport . I know you’ve moved more than once looking for the right fit. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back