Challenge Cup Rules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Learning Parent GB

Proud Parent
So having discussed whether the system is fair, I'm trying to track down a bit more detailed info about the Challenge Cup. In particular I would like to find the rules. At the British there are FIG modifications for Espoirs and Juniors and these include GB bonuses and penalties. Are Challenge Cup rules the same as the British, or is there a whole other set of modified FIG rules to follow?

This was in part prompted by the Academy Angels sessions that have been held where Liz Kincaid talks about the .3 and .5 out of bounds deductions on floor for example. In the CoP it is .1 and .3. So worth knowing where the differences are in terms of bonus and penalties.

Bonus points from me to anyone who can provide a link!

BG comp handbook page 40, FIG rules, no modifications listed, links to the FIG Code of Points. I would guess there are no bonuses.

Thank you for that. That is what I had always assumed up until now. The upside to no bonuses is that also means no extra penalties.

So having discussed whether the system is fair, I'm trying to track down a bit more detailed info about the Challenge Cup. In particular I would like to find the rules. At the British there are FIG modifications for Espoirs and Juniors and these include GB bonuses and penalties. Are Challenge Cup rules the same as the British, or is there a whole other set of modified FIG rules to follow?

This was in part prompted by the Academy Angels sessions that have been held where Liz Kincaid talks about the .3 and .5 out of bounds deductions on floor for example. In the CoP it is .1 and .3. So worth knowing where the differences are in terms of bonus and penalties.

Bonus points from me to anyone who can provide a link!

Challenge cup rules are not the same as the British. Challenge cup is straight FIG.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back