Change of plans for meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GikiGirl

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Well, I am not so sure about the AAU nationals anymore. I was able to get into a USAIGC meet in New York in April, and I signed up for the silver level, which is more like level 7 than level 8 (they basically have a level 7 and level 9 type level).

I would like to go to the meet, qualify for states, compete in states, and maybe USAIGC nationals. I have been working on putting routines together, and I am not sure how close I will be to back to my old level 8 by June, plus with the extra expense of traveling, the USAIGC meets which I can drive to are more attractive. I also have been dealing with health problems that require me to miss practice or go into the ER at least twice/month related to my surgery last year, so that has been limiting me. I know I will enjoy competing more if I don't feel over my head.

The good thing is USAIGC has a 19+ age division, although if there is no one in that group, they can combine it w/ the 16+, which is fine too. So anyway first meet is 4/25! I'm excited! Who knows, if training is going well and I have the extra cash I can still go to the AAU adult meet in June if I like, it's just that I have to compete level 8, they will not permit me to move down.

Last edited:
What meet in NY is that? The empire games? I think you can be a lot closer to your old skills before June, what was that that kept being said to you on Wednesday, and I am sure more often that that?

You're good enough though, you can totally do it!

No, there are a series of meets from January thru May that are run by the USAIGC organization, which only like 7 states do. It's not USAG, which runs the levels 4-10 and prep op. Its sort of a mid level intensity between prep op and USAG.

Thanks nicci..you are right, its just my health stuff is impacting me a lot. I have to miss practice more than I like, and when I can go I can't eat properly before which makes it a lot harder. Also, the ab conditioning I need to do to improve on bars is causing more stomach pain, so I can't do all of it for now :(

The other reason I am thinking about not going to the Georgia meet is, before I wasn't sure I would be allowed to do the USAIGC meets, so Georgia was my only option, but now, with USAIGC available, it's better because we really don't have the extra money to travel and stay down there (you need to be there for a four day period between registration and competing). But w/ USAIGC I will have, actually, more chances to compete w/ less expense! It just took them awhile to approve me :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back