Parents Changed gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This was one of the hardest decisions we had to make in a while.Dd old gym is having some financial problems and we needed her to have a stable enviroment since uptraining during the summer is very important.
She took to the new gym surprisingly easy.So far she has only been there a few days.
I guess one thing that made the move a little easier is because she knew a couple girls there already.
Training is different.They put alot of emphasis on shape and form.
Having went to Level 9 nationals this year I think that is a very good thing for her.
It also seems like they don't condition as much asthey did in the old gym but focus on a specific musclegroup every day.It seems like it is very effective because she has been pretty sore.
She likes the coaches and all the parents we have met so far are very nice.
One positive thing about it is also that their comp fees are only 1/3 rd of the old gyms.
Hope she will succeed in this new gym.I have a good feeling aout it.

Change is never easy...but it sounds like this was a necessity, that is working out well for your DD. She is so talented & driven...I'm sure the new gym is thrilled to have her. Good luck & keep us posted on her progress.

Last edited:
Change is always hard, but sometimes it is good. Gym changes are difficult, but sometimes are necessary. Your daughter is so self motivated and talented, she will do fine. Sometimes change is good and can bring out things in your child you didn't know she had in her. Hoping that it works out wonderfully!!

It sounds like the right decision was made for your dd and you! Hope everything continues to go well and she has a great career there. Keep us posted!

Sorry you had to go through a gym change, but it sounds like it will be a very postive change. Good luck in the transition

Ok, is the new gym in the same state or across the border? I just want to know if I'll still get to catch up with you at some meets!:p I'm glad she is doing well so far at the new gym. I heard your old gym was having some difficulty and that is such a bummer because they have great gymnasts. I'm glad you guys had fun at Westerns. I'm having some computer issues so I haven't seen the video yet, but I can't wait!

Sounds like a necessary change and one that will work out for her. Good luck to her!!

Yeah,the new gym is across the border.So we will be at a different state meet but maybe we get lucky and have one meet together.:)

Ok, is the new gym in the same state or across the border? I just want to know if I'll still get to catch up with you at some meets!:p I'm glad she is doing well so far at the new gym. I heard your old gym was having some difficulty and that is such a bummer because they have great gymnasts. I'm glad you guys had fun at Westerns. I'm having some computer issues so I haven't seen the video yet, but I can't wait!

I have no idea how I missed this thread, I was away all weekend, but I just wanted t6o add that I hope this works out for you. Your DD is very talented and it is well worth making the change for her needs. Good luck.

We are going through the exact same thing. So far (and we are only in our second week) it seems to be working out tremendously! I hope your daughter will continue to thrive and that it will be a positive experience for her. Good luck!!

Same here.We are only in our second week at the new gym and she loves it.I havn't seen her smile that much in a long time.
Hope things work out for you and your daughter too.

We are going through the exact same thing. So far (and we are only in our second week) it seems to be working out tremendously! I hope your daughter will continue to thrive and that it will be a positive experience for her. Good luck!!

Same here.We are only in our second week at the new gym and she loves it.I havn't seen her smile that much in a long time.
Hope things work out for you and your daughter too.

I thought the same thing about my dd. It's been a long time since I have seen her this happy about gym. She has that "glow" again! Now she is having fun!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back