Coaches changes 2013 routines AND ages???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom&Coach

Coach
Proud Parent
I was looking at the link for the changes for the 2013 + routines, I see that there are also age changes. Its saying age 6 for L3. Is this correct? I have a girl who is turning 5 mext month and easily working L4 skills, even though I know she can only compete up to L3 at age 5. So does this mean that she will be pushed back to L2 until she is 6? Sounds a little silly to me...I already am frustrated with the age requ that is holding her back.

What is the age for L4 in the 2013 routines?

The changes don't take place for another year. So, she could compete L3 this coming fall, and assuming the new L3 will be like the old L4, she would probably compete the new L3 in the fall of 2013, no?

This fall she will compete L3 and next fall she will be 6 (right?) and compete the new L3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I already am frustrated with the age requ that is holding her back.

Gymnastics is a marathon, not a sprint. ;) (Totally stealing that from someone on here. I just can't think of who I snagged it from at the moment)

As a side note, yes. The new L3 will have a minimum age of 6, but as someone else already mentioned, the skill set will be similar to the current level 4 (which has a minimum age of 6). The age minumums are in place to protect the very young participants in our sport from overtraining and/or training skills that their bodies just aren't developmentally ready to handle yet.

The new level 3 is equivalent to the old level 4. 6 was the minimum age for the old level 4, so there is actually no change.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back