Changes in the WAG program

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wsg13

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
So next year when they change to deleting the state stream where does this leave us with competition season. State stream competes over the winter and Nationals competes over summer. Will state streamers go with 2 competition seasons in a row. Or go 1 year with out competing?

Not sure what state you are in?
In NSW previously, State Stream (prep and 4-10) competed same as NDP 1-6 - so over the winter, with State championships Novemberish for both.
NDP 7-10 competing beginning of the year with State Championships Aprilish.
This year State Stream championships was moved back to June.
So if state stream does end then it gives the State girls from June through to May/June/July next year to be ready to compete NDP for those in 1-6. And until end of year/beginning of next year for those competing 7-10.

Not sure what state you are in?
In NSW previously, State Stream (prep and 4-10) competed same as NDP 1-6 - so over the winter, with State championships Novemberish for both.
NDP 7-10 competing beginning of the year with State Championships Aprilish.
This year State Stream championships was moved back to June.
So if state stream does end then it gives the State girls from June through to May/June/July next year to be ready to compete NDP for those in 1-6. And until end of year/beginning of next year for those competing 7-10.
Thankyou
! It is in victoria

I don't know how it works down there - so do all ndp gymnasts compete the Nov-April (May/June Nationals) season?
I would imagine it will be down to the individual clubs and also the individual gymnasts readiness if they go straight into the ndp season or not. Some girls may be ready to just move to ndp and maybe compete down a level, others may need training time to be ready and have to uptrain for the year.
HC's I'm sure will also have their own philosophy.

I know of some clubs here who have dropped/amalgamated state stream for this year and not had the girls do state stream titles so they are eligible for ndp state championships instead. Others have just competed it early to work towards ndp for next year.

I think it may be the same system as your state. Our club is a state only club. so don't have much experience just going off what I have heard. I know that the 7+ decently compete over the summer. Not sure about below 6

Well our state has no state stream and competitions are available for all levels from April to November. So really each club can organise their own schedule with 9 months of competitions available. In the first year gymnasts who change over from state stream to the national stream probably don't need to be attempting states and nationals so the gyms can work out a schedule as it will be a transition year for the athletes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back