WAG Changes to next years elite calendar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
Heard from a reputable source that next years American classic will ne held much earlier in the year, either end of February or early March. Which means new junior elites that are also doing JO won't be able to compete at nationals if they compete at the classic meet.

I just can't see how this would work? When do the girls get the opportunity to qualify? Right now qualifiers run through the first part of June.. Do they start qualifiers earlier like October instead?

Yes everything is pushed up next year because of the Olympics. All qualifiers are in January, February and March except for one in may. The American classic will be held the weekend of April 24th
I thought the purpose of the qualifiers was to qualify to the American Classic? If I understand that correctly, would the purpose of the May qualifier be?

Will USA still be coming to Pac Rim? Is in NZ next year and I'm so excited to see USA in an Olympic year! Its April 16-19th....

1. January 24-26, 2020 – Metroplex Challenge, Fort Worth, TX.
2. February 7-9, 2020 – Brestyan’s Las Vegas Invitational – Las Vegas, NV.
3. February 14-26, 2020 – Excalibur Cup – Virginia Beach, VA.
4. February 21-23, 2019 – Everest Classic – Rock Hill, SC.
5. March 13-15, 2020 – KPAC Cup – Winston Salem, NC.
6. May 1-3, 2020 – Parkettes National Gymnastics – Allentown, PA.

I saw they are naming 10 juniors and 10 seniors to team in August. That's a lot better than 6 & 6, but gives less wiggle room to add new team members in 2020.

Ar
1. January 24-26, 2020 – Metroplex Challenge, Fort Worth, TX.
2. February 7-9, 2020 – Brestyan’s Las Vegas Invitational – Las Vegas, NV.
3. February 14-26, 2020 – Excalibur Cup – Virginia Beach, VA.
4. February 21-23, 2019 – Everest Classic – Rock Hill, SC.
5. March 13-15, 2020 – KPAC Cup – Winston Salem, NC.
6. May 1-3, 2020 – Parkettes National Gymnastics – Allentown, PA.

Are all of the above meets elite qualifiers?

Sorry. Just to clarify—
All of the meets listed above are full qualifiers? And compulsory only qualifiers will be added as well? Or some of the above named qualifiers will be compulsory only?
The ones above are compulsory and optional qualifiers. Compulsory only qualifiers will be announced later (these are usually held in conjunction with other JO meets)

Sorry. Just to clarify—
All of the meets listed above are full qualifiers? And compulsory only qualifiers will be added as well? Or some of the above named qualifiers will be compulsory only?
The meets that have both optional and compulsory are called National qualifiers. There are usually lots of just compulsory added ..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back