Changes to the International Stream? Please fill me in..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Waverly is unusual as it has senior coaches & therefore senior gymnasts. Dolphin is the only othe club in Vic who has a senior gymnast therefore the capacity to train athletes to this level apart from Waverly...& due to coaching restructuring at our old club we needed to research other options earlier this year, so know that this is accurate. The other clubs with IL programs only coach until old level 10.
My understanding is WA is similar, with some clubs doing ideal testing, but not able to take their athletes past a certain level.

NSW was in a similar position a couple of years ago with their HPC for a number of reasons, and now have some very promising athletes coming through with other clubs stepping up- hopefully this will happen in WA.

Dolphin has one IL girl, and no other athletes training for IL. She has chosen to stay there because she has no other options because of her age.
Most of the Waverley IL coaches are very young 25-30, apart from the head coach.

It's very sad for the WA kids and families and such a shame for the elite path of gymnastics. Fingers are crossed that they can continue on at alternate clubs and continue to be an integral part of Gymnastics Australia!!

From a few previous posts you've had, I think I know who your daughter is.. She's amazing!!!!!!! And so glad for you all that you made the move!!

No good for gymnastics in WA, it is going to be very hard for clubs to step up, It will take ages for those clubs to go from coaching ndp and IL 1-10 to coaching senior elite. The gyms with great coaches don't have the best facilities and the gyms with great facilities don't necessarily have the best coaches. Although I suppose there not going to just chuck away all the equipment from the WAIS gym and those WAIS coaches have to go somewhere

From a few previous posts you've had, I think I know who your daughter is.. She's amazing!!!!!!! And so glad for you all that you made the move!!

Thank you for your kind words about Dd
Think all gymnasts are amazing as they all train so hard in an unforgiving sport!
Love, love, loved our old club but Dd is loving NCE as well - we've been so lucky in our gym journey so far.

Thank you for your kind words about Dd
Think all gymnasts are amazing as they all train so hard in an unforgiving sport!
Love, love, loved our old club but Dd is loving NCE as well - we've been so lucky in our gym journey so far.
She is amazing and having such a great journey and making the most of everything with very supportive parents.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back