Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Changing Gyms for DD...?

Discussion in 'UK' started by Kate E, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is there anyone happy to private message with me to discuss my conundrum on if I do it or not?

I don't want to post all the details for public viewing incase someone picks up who I am & the decision gets made for her!

2. I can help you! Just pm me :)

3. Pm me I would be happy to help

4. So far you have a gymnast and a coach responding. I will throw my hat in the ring as a parent. Feel free to pm me.

5. My message will be very long & I've just typed one in reply to a PM so I thank you three & will certainly message you tomorrow as I need to sleep now but the more thoughts the better & I appreciate it.

6. You can copy and paste.

7. Copy and paste! You can pm me as well if you would like

8. Me too! We changed about a year and a half ago.

9. Happy to help if I can! We've done two gym changes here in the UK (one locally, and another for relocation) :)

10. I didn't think to copy & paste but it was the middle of the night so that's probably why!

11. Thank you for all your offers. I have messaged people that are in the UK system as I think they will understand it more.

12. if you are looking for a coach POV in the UK I would recommend @Jenny @marie83 @Faith, both Jenny and faith are parents too, me I is a humble parent who has been around the block a bit. Hope you get it sorted xxx

OzZee, auswi, Kate E and 2 others like this.
  13. More than happy to help. I'm a coach and gymnast in the UK and judge as well so know clubs all over the country etc x

14. Sure you already have enough people but always happy to help :)

15. Thank you everyone. Coach Jenny PM'd me and has been amazing with her advice and thoughts and really made me see clearly what I need to do.

auswi, sce, coach1234 and 4 others like this.
  16. glad you have a plan, life is so much better with a plan !

auswi likes this.
  17. Id be happy to offer my two cents.....But If not, I'm sure you have received a lot of good advice already.

auswi and sce like this.
  18. I also am coach and have been the mother of a fairly successful gymnast who did change gyms half way through her career. I'd be happy for you to message me.

auswi and sce like this.
  19. Been through the mill a few times with club changes over the years and have a good understanding of the British system, happy to help if you are still looking for advice.

auswi likes this.
  20. Just an update:

Made the move she's loving the new gym as she does more hours, has a smaller group & will compete starting March. Im happy too as it's over the road from my house so I get to go home The head coach being strict but lovely is a big part of us both loving it too!

Thanks for everyone's offer to help on here and the very many PMs I got. Xx

Jenny, OzZee, sce and 3 others like this.