Changing Gyms for DD...?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks.

It is yes CG6 ..she was hoping to do Compulsory 5 but she hasn't got her giant yet so the coach made that decision weeks ago. She's just happy to be doing any comp & looking very much foreword to getting her giant, she's quite close (other gym didn't work them) & working on other skills once the comps are done.

My DD just got her giant. I guess I didn't realize what a big deal it is to get a giant because my response was oh awesome!! One of the coaches was like um, that's a huge skill lol.

I'm sure your dd will get her giant very soon....keep us posted. :)

Congrats to your DD! [emoji3] yes it is huge! [emoji23]
She gets to handstand position so just needs that extra power to push herself over.
New gym does not condition half as much as old gym & she's actually just commented on that yesterday saying she thinks they need to do more as she feels she's loosing strength & watching her rope climb today I'd agree. Will see how things go after the comps as it's all routines, routines,routines atm with just some conditioning.

Oh your dd is soo close according to my dd.

DD gym does constant strength and conditioning according to DD. I truly hardly ever watch practice but Dd says they do tons of strength and some routines. I don't know too much about gymnastics but I think every gym has their own philosophy.

I'm glad she is so happy. The conditioning should pick up after the grades are over and she can always condition at home. Stretching and conditioning are the best things to do at home.

So pleased it has worked out for your dd and you found a club she is happy and achieving at :)

I have bene following your thread for a while as am in a similar situation with my own daughter but not sure what to do for the best. Have finally signed up so can I post and get some advice.

We live in a small region and my daughter does club grades but don't really want to stay within the region if we move. It will be a long drive through city traffic to locate to a club in the neighbouring region and i am not sure if she will cope with the extra travelling as well as school committments. So for now we are biding our time and hoping for some improvement withthe situation.

It really isn't ever as bad as you think once you make the move. Deciding is often the hardest part.

In 7 years of gymnastics we have seen lots of gymnasts and families come and go (including us!) from our various clubs and there is rarely any problems when everyone crosses patches at regional comps etc - generally everyone is pleased to see each other again - including the old coaches.

Why would you not want to stay in the region?

Hi and thanks for your reply. Unfortunatley the experiences others who have left our gym have faced has put us off staying in the region. The coaches victimise the kids who leave when they see them at competitions and tell the girls on their team not to speak to the girls who have left. Its not a nice atmosphere and one we would avoid at all costs. Hopefully most people have a positive experience of changing clubs but this club has not made it easy.

That is very sad. I would hope adults would behave better but obviously not. I hope you are able to find a solution.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back