Changing gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Phaelyn

Proud Parent
I'm very new to the gymnastics world and am in a position where I'm seriously considering changing my DD to another gym. She has just been invited to NDP1 at her current gym but the distance from the current gym is not something that is workable with the extra hours/days (about an hour away). There is a gym significantly closer, about 5minutes away, however I'm not sure my little one would be happy to go back to rec. From what I can tell the gym has a very small number of IDP, small NDP and club levels as well as rec. How do I approach the current gym/new gym about the possibility of a gym swap? What should I find out about the closer gym before making a decision?

It doesn't matter if it is a small gym, it's the quality that counts. You need to find out as much as you can about the closer gym. What is their schedule, coaching style, what have their competition results been like, what kind of reputation do they have, would your DD fit their programme. If you are still interested, see if you can go in and talk to someone in charge there, maybe you can watch a training session if they allow that. If you still like the look of it, see if your DD can do a tryout or trial training session there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back