Parents Charleston Cup Meet. Mini Earthquake while on Beam. Only thing I can think of.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Boy was Charleston Cup tough. DD had some great moments and some not so great moments. She Vaulted great, 9.3 11th place. Good on floor but coach changed her routine and she got to that part and just stood there because she forgot the new part. Got a 9.075. Not too bad. Then came bars, she tried her new cast hand stand and fell. Then came to beam. Every girl on our team fell but one. I think Charleston must have had a mini earthquake while our girls were on beam. LOL. The girls usually never fall. It was agonizing to watch. All in all really fun meet except the 8am schedule with the time change.

They are going to have to be blindfolded in a cone of silence next week LOL. It must be socially contagious like yawning.

It is so hard when the falling thing hits.

Our last meet in 2008 every girls on my DD's team of 10 stuck their beam routine, the coaches cheered when the last girl dismounted, I think everyone thought they were nuts.

As for forgetting floor routines, I hear ya! Better luck for next time.

What an awesome vault. I can't believe that was 11th place. Must have been a really strong age group. Hope that the next meet goes better for her. Those problems (new routine, new cast) won't happen the next time I'm sure. She'll be able to just shake that off and hit it the next time. Great job to your dd on a difficult meet.

That beam can be contagious. DD coach bases their line up on trying to keep them all on. Once one goes, at least one more usually does!

Sounds like she had a good day though. Celebrate the accomplishments, that's what it's about!

Sorry about the darn beam...:( I have seen that happen too, they all fall like dominoes once one falls! It is awful to watch. Our girls were at the meet too, it was really competitive with some crazy high scores (9.8's) at least in the L4 session we were in.

WTG on her awesome vault!!! :D:D:D

Sorry about the darn beam...:( I have seen that happen too, they all fall like dominoes once one falls! It is awful to watch. Our girls were at the meet too, it was really competitive with some crazy high scores (9.8's) at least in the L4 session we were in.

WTG on her awesome vault!!! :D:D:D
You are not kidding on the scores. In our level they would be calling out awards and say " and in 11th place with a 9.475". Fun meet but a ton of very high scoring gymnasts.

Those beam falls ARE contagious. I have seen it, I believe it, LOL. What a way to go on vault. I can't believe that was 11th place. Some serious competition. Wow. She had a great floor score, especially since it was a new routine/changes. And I bet both bars and floor will be better with more time practicing and really getting them down. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back