Chellsie Memmel Comeback??

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Flyaway

Proud Parent
Jun 1, 2014
Country
USA
An unexpected bonus of the postponement: it's allowed some gymnasts to dream! I love this!

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
I love Chellsie. Her strength, her humility, her enthusiasm for everything she does. She is an incredible role model. If you haven’t been following her on Instagram look back at her posts. She did pistol squats on the high BAR! It was awesome.

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
If you haven’t seen her Instagram. Chellsie, as a mom of two kids, can climb the rope with her legs glued together in a V and do it fast. I am in absolute awe.

Reactions: kecks and PinPin

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
Chellsie recently put her Arabian back up on the high beam for the first time in 8 years at the age of 32 ( with 2 kids!). It is beautiful, high and rock solid. Look at her videos on YouTube if you haven’t yet. She’s amazing I would be over the moon if she could have some international success again.

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
Chellsie update. She is working on a BHS to a piked Arabian on beam! Only a never been done before skill while still not quite calling it a comeback. Check out her YouTub.

PinPin

Proud Parent
Judge
Jan 20, 2017
Country
South Africa
Chellsie update. She is working on a BHS to a piked Arabian on beam! Only a never been done before skill while still not quite calling it a comeback. Check out her YouTub.
She has now confirmed (in the 31 July 2020 YouTube video) that it is a comeback! Training all four apparatus and looking so impressive.

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
She has now confirmed (in the 31 July 2020 YouTube video) that it is a comeback! Training all four apparatus and looking so impressive.
She’s amazing. After only a handful of vaults and an eight year break she did a yurckhenko double.

Shes doing double layouts onto soft mats, she has a consistent standing Arabian on beam, and is working a roudoff piked Arabian on beam. I’m in awe.

lostinfog

Proud Parent
May 3, 2020
Country
USA
I am amazed and I literally watched one of her videos for the first time last weekend. She said she doesn’t plan on using the wolf turn on beam. I’m sure as a judge she dislikes them as well. In my opinion she will probably come back amazing on beam and floor. For vault, now that she is older, reached out to another coach for feedback and even more in tune with her body a double could be possible. I think bars will be the hardest to get back competitively, plus her shoulder injury history. In any case no matter what happens I think it’s great she is documenting her training.

txgymfan

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Relative
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Country
USA
Her latest video is up. Wow! Her dad/ coach casually suggested she do a laid out double double, so she tried it. Not successfully yet, but she tried it. Double Wow!

Reactions: kecks and PinPin
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!