WAG Chellsie Memmel Comeback??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

An unexpected bonus of the postponement: it's allowed some gymnasts to dream! I love this!

I love Chellsie. Her strength, her humility, her enthusiasm for everything she does. She is an incredible role model. If you haven’t been following her on Instagram look back at her posts. She did pistol squats on the high BAR! It was awesome.

If you haven’t seen her Instagram. Chellsie, as a mom of two kids, can climb the rope with her legs glued together in a V and do it fast. I am in absolute awe.

Chellsie recently put her Arabian back up on the high beam for the first time in 8 years at the age of 32 ( with 2 kids!). It is beautiful, high and rock solid. Look at her videos on YouTube if you haven’t yet. She’s amazing I would be over the moon if she could have some international success again.

She has now confirmed (in the 31 July 2020 YouTube video) that it is a comeback! Training all four apparatus and looking so impressive.
She’s amazing. After only a handful of vaults and an eight year break she did a yurckhenko double.

Shes doing double layouts onto soft mats, she has a consistent standing Arabian on beam, and is working a roudoff piked Arabian on beam. I’m in awe.

I am amazed and I literally watched one of her videos for the first time last weekend. She said she doesn’t plan on using the wolf turn on beam. I’m sure as a judge she dislikes them as well. In my opinion she will probably come back amazing on beam and floor. For vault, now that she is older, reached out to another coach for feedback and even more in tune with her body a double could be possible. I think bars will be the hardest to get back competitively, plus her shoulder injury history. In any case no matter what happens I think it’s great she is documenting her training.

Is anyone else watching Chellsie’s videos On YouTube? In about 3 months she has gone from back in shape to elite skills in series. She’s also working on new skills that she has never done before and a few that no one has done in world level competition. She is definitely aiming towards the Tokyo Olympics, at 32 having taken an 8 year break! She’s also only training about 15 hours a week including conditioning ( yes really! ). Her comeback is one of my favorite national stories of 2020.

This was the post I have been waiting to see. I didnt know how the skills she has been training stack up but it seems like she is putting herself in a position to be taken seriously. Do you know if there will be any qualifying competitions coming up or scheduled that she is shooting for?

This was the post I have been waiting to see. I didnt know how the skills she has been training stack up but it seems like she is putting herself in a position to be taken seriously. Do you know if there will be any qualifying competitions coming up or scheduled that she is shooting for?

She may exhibit routines at M&M’s home meet or meets. She mentioned possibly competing in February but has not confirmed an exact competition. She has also been in touch with the national team staff. Take a few minutes to watch her YouTube videos, a friend and actual filmmaker is producing her weekly videos so they are well done.

Her leaps especially on beam are higher than when she was elite. She is absolutely amazing and her interactions with her kids are adorable.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back