WAG Chicago Style meet 2016

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

bookworm

Proud Parent
Does anyone know the dates for this meet next year? It's usually posted as a "save the date" on the IGI website but I haven't seen it anywhere...thanks in advance.

Great meet! Huge meet! Words to the wise: stay at a host hotel; the shuttle bus service is well worth the price. The busses take you wherever you need in the downtown area as well as to and from the meet site. Remember, it is darn cold in Chicago in Feb; be prepared. 2015 it was near or below zero with the wind chill. Don't get antsy for session schedules; it takes time to schedule in the thousands of athletes and make sure everything is balanced. Remember, the meet staff is a volunteer group and most of them have real jobs so they are doing this work in their "spare" time. I highly recommend going to the college meet that they have on Friday night. Excellent way to get exposed to college gymnastics if you have never been before.

Great meet! Huge meet! Words to the wise: stay at a host hotel; the shuttle bus service is well worth the price. The busses take you wherever you need in the downtown area as well as to and from the meet site. Remember, it is darn cold in Chicago in Feb; be prepared. 2015 it was near or below zero with the wind chill. Don't get antsy for session schedules; it takes time to schedule in the thousands of athletes and make sure everything is balanced. Remember, the meet staff is a volunteer group and most of them have real jobs so they are doing this work in their "spare" time. I highly recommend going to the college meet that they have on Friday night. Excellent way to get exposed to college gymnastics if you have never been before.

The HC has mentioned that he is considering the Chicago Style meet this year - I am really hoping he does choose it as the team stopped going the year my DD started 5 years ago. Do I have to make a reservation using the meet rate to have access to the busses?

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you have to be staying at one of the host hotels to use the shuttle busses. Whether or not you booked at said host hotel with the meet rate or not I can't see as making a difference (although why you wouldn't use the meet rate is beyond me).

We have jumped on the shuttle busses when we haven't been in the host hotel and no one asks ...there's just a ton of people getting on and off...there's also a trolley that goes to Navy Pier that we've used as well as a cab ( 5 bucks door to door ) and I suppose Uber nowadays could be accessed..

The HC has mentioned that he is considering the Chicago Style meet this year - I am really hoping he does choose it as the team stopped going the year my DD started 5 years ago. Do I have to make a reservation using the meet rate to have access to the busses?
No, you don't.

When we go we park overnight at Navy Pier for around 20.00 per day Half the price of even the host hotel parking and shuttle around. Love this meet.

We were too impatient to wait for a shuttle then the long line, so we hopped cabs, lol. Uber will work nicely too I think but last time we were there was 2 years not many people were using it yet.

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you have to be staying at one of the host hotels to use the shuttle busses. Whether or not you booked at said host hotel with the meet rate or not I can't see as making a difference (although why you wouldn't use the meet rate is beyond me).

I just like to plan ahead and can change to the meet block rate if it works for me. If the HC decides to go I plan to be there Thursday to Monday for a long President's Day weekend - its about 5 hours travel for us (hopefully the weather will cooperate) and it's my b'day weekend too (Gymmonkeymomma - birthday twins!! :D).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back