Chicago Style Meet ????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
I am hoping that someone might have some information that could help me.

I had heard before that possibly a tentative schedule for this meet might be coming out the beginning of Nov. I am trying to find out the day that my dd is competing so that I can make travel arrangements. I really don't care what session, but if I knew the day I could make my flight and hotel ressies.

Is there anyone here who is affliated with the host gym and might have some details on when this information might be coming out.

Thanks!

So far, no schedule has been posted yet on the meet website. But I keep checking every day, as we are needing to make travel plans as well. Here is the link to the 'meet schedule' page.

IGI "Chicago Style" Gymnastics Meet

Like you said, maybe there is someone here on CB that is connected w/ the host gym & can help us ot w/ any insider info!!

Anyone out there? :confused:

I can't wait for Chicago Style! I still need a schedule, too.

Perhaps your coach could contact the gym. I know sometimes the bigger meets where lots of people need to know the schedule to arrange flights will accomidate those teams and let them pick which 2 days they will compete. I ahve done this myself, and I know how helpful it is for families. I hope this info helps!

The final meet registration was not due until Nov. 1. If I remember right last year they were trying to get it done by Dec. 1 but the schedule didn't come out until the middle of Dec. I can't imagine trying to put that schedule together.

We are planning on attending that meet as well - If you find the schedule let us know! I would love to solidify some meet plans!!! And then some meeting at the meet plans!

Just looked at the website and it says

The 2009 Schedule by Club will be posted by 9AM CST, December 1, 2008.
It will include all clubs that paid in full and submitted their
Chicago Style Excel Registration File by the November 1st deadline.

Hope this helps, I know that I an awaiting to know when DD competes.

Barb

Thanks! I saw that this morning. I am sitting here waiting for 10am EST - 2 more hours!

Just looked at the website and it says

The 2009 Schedule by Club will be posted by 9AM CST, December 1, 2008.
It will include all clubs that paid in full and submitted their
Chicago Style Excel Registration File by the November 1st deadline.

Hope this helps, I know that I an awaiting to know when DD competes.

Barb

Yeah, yuck!

At least we plan to come in on Friday for the college meet and gymnast party. Our other girls (9s & 10s) are on Saturday so we will go watch them.

You're right Friday 8am kind of rots... GL though!

My dd has Friday at 8 am. I don't think it gets any worse than that. :eek:

I don't know what we'll be doing by then, since we now may have to move...But if we are still here w/ the current gym, dd will be at the Fri L6 Wacker Gym session at 5pm. :cool:

I Will be there with you! We have 8 am on Friday! I am NOT Happy - this actually means that my DH and DS will Not be coming to the meet with us.

Gymbratsmom - what level is your DD?

My dd is a level 6. Only five girls from level 5 and five from level 6 get to go to this meet. The coaches use it as an incentive to work harder and the top five scores from judges cup and the early state meet get to attend. One of my girls made it and the other would have made it if she would have not fallen off the beam twice at the state meet.

My girls had the Friday at 8 am last year too.

Michigan Gym on Saturday for level 10's. I kinda wish I would have been competing on Sunday. Oh well. The meet will still be a lot of fun, plus because its in Chicago there is always fun stuff to do. :)

Chicago questions in general...

For those who have been at the meet before or are familiar with Chicago can you help me with what we should do.

I/dd have never been to Chicago before. We are arriving on Friday around 1pm and will be there for the gymnast party and college meet. Saturday is open. Our 9s & 10s are competing, so we may go watch them. Dd competes on Sunday morning at 8am and then our flight home is at 6:45pm.

Any suggestions on what to do with our "limited" free time. We are staying at the host Sheration. Any restaurants around there? We are staying with another teammate and mom.

I know the American Girl thing is there, but dd is 12 and it beyond this, plus she already has been to the one in NYC.

It's hard to plan anything when you don't know much about a city... but time is on my side!

Thanks!

Navy Pier is always a great time (they usually have something fun going on).

Or shopping on Michigan Ave may be your best bet. Perfect for a 12 year old & they always have fun things to see. The city will be cold, but beautiful. It will be a lot of fun :D

Navy Pier has great food choices

or

Pizza - Giordano's is always great.

But there is definately MANY choices for everyone depending on dining preference. What is her fave?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back