Chin up pullover strength

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Ok well this year my old coach allowed me to compete bars with pullover that i stepped into if that makes sense my new coach won't let me compete bars unless i can do a chin up pullover

what strength exercises can i do other than chin ups? They can't use a bar because i don't have access to a bar over break

IMO get a chin up bar-- the one DD has was less than $15 at Wal Mart. You need the strength- if you already have the basic idea of how to do a pullover but just not the strength to chin-up then you need to work on arm strength and ab strength. Sit- ups, push ups, and pull-ups.

I think we used to have a chin up bar actually but we took it out when we did renovations so will ask dad to put it up :)

you could try doing pushups from ten, then arm raises.
example - ten pushups, raise youre arms up ten times ( verticle up and down)
nine pushups, 9 arm raises

and do them everyday, my coach said they worked really well for her when developing strength when she did gymnastics.

cherry pickers work the abs good too, and you need abs to pullovers!

any thing that involves arm strength will help but you really should get a chin up bar for your home. We use the "Iron Gym" you know the "As Seen On TV" one it really is great. Allows for several ways to do pull ups but can be use on the floor as well for various push ups and sit ups and dips.
It isn't that expensive about $30. I'm not a big fan of the "as Seen on TV" as they usually don't live up to their hype but this one really does everything is says.

My DD has one and uses it during the days she isn't at the gym or during the school vacation weeks when they don't have practice. I would highly recommend it to any one

You can get it at any store that has the "As Seen on TV" sections. I think we got ours at Walgreens or Rite Aid.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back