WAG Chiropractor funny....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SurpriseGymMom

Coach
Proud Parent
DDs new chiropractor asked me today if I knew what causedL8 DDs current (smallish) injuries.... sprained MCL, bone bruise to the shin, several large bruises, a new unknown shoulder injury.... yes, I do. Doing gymnastics!
We had an ongoing joke with our old chiropractor about how I was going to force my kids into chess club as a less injury prone activity. Every time we came in with something new and exciting, we would look at each other and say “time for chess club!”...

I recently took my kid to a new ortho. As soon as she started to describe her injury ("So I rolled my ankle stepping off the side of a thin mat...") he started laughing. "Sorry I'm laughing, but that's how all the gymnasts get hurt. Not doing skills, always stepping on some uneven surface in the gym." She hadn't even told him she was a gymnast yet.

It's funny, but actually not. One of the construction projects my kids' gym completed last summer was raising the matting level around the entire floor so that there would no longer be a dropoff between the floor and the beam area, tumbl trak, and bars area. I wonder how many injuries have been prevented?

I don’t even need a mat to roll my ankle - do your gyms have those big puzzle piece squares? They are maybe 1/4 inch thick - and yes I can roll my ankle on that (or a completely flat surface if I want to get really fancy haha)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back