chooses?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im 16 im 5 feet and 3in. i can do a back handspring(with spot), back walkover, splits, front handspring,cartweel,left splits,middle,right(i kinda have them),round-off so wat would be better for me artistic gymnastics or rhythmic gymnastics??!?!?!? And am i too old!?
icon_sad.gif

well, you seem quite tall (in the gymnastics world) and you also seemly fairly flexible, which is an advantage for rythmic gymnastics. Because you have a few artistic gymnastics skills, that would definatly help in the rythmic side more so than the artistic side. You would probably get further in the rythmic side than artistic, because it is harder to learn big skills when your older. hope this helps! :)

Do whatever you think you would enjoy more; rhythmic is more stretching and ballet, the only 'gymnastics' things the rhythmic team at my gym seems to do are front and back walkovers and variations. Artistic works more skills, so if you enjoy doing backhandsprings and roundoffs you might want to try artistic. You're never too old to start gymnastics, and 5'3" isn't that tall - I'm 5'6" and I can still do everything fine!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back