WAG Choreography

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes because of execution not bad coreography.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. It is not good choreography plain and simple to include nonessential acro and other nonessential skills unless the gymnast can execute those things very well. Good choreography should showcase the gymnast's strengths and minimize deductions as much as possible. I'm not sure why we are continuing to split hairs and belabor this. I don't have anything more to add really.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. It is not good choreography plain and simple to include nonessential acro and other nonessential skills unless the gymnast can execute those things very well. Good choreography should showcase the gymnast's strengths and minimize deductions as much as possible. I'm not sure why we are continuing to split hairs and belabor this. I don't have anything more to add really.

I think the word that you are both looking for is composition.

It is poor routine composition to include acro skills into the choreography of the routine if they are not needed and performed poorly.

I think the word that you are both looking for is composition.

It is poor routine composition to include acro skills into the choreography of the routine if they are not needed and performed poorly.
Yes, correct. That’s it. I was told she was getting compositional deductions for filler/skills that aren’t needed. Thanks for clarifying!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back