WAG Christmas on the Chesapeake.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
So I’m in Baltimore rooming with two of my fellow coaches and having a good time. It’s 1:20 AM right now, and I have a 7:45 AM session, but who cares?! I’m having fun! :rolleyes:

Anyways, if any ChalkBucket folks would like to say hello, let me know! I am with the Level 4s at 7:45 and the Level 6s at 10:40.

Great meet we were too late to sign up this year.if we weren't at practice we'd be watching. Good luck today let us know how your athletes do.

I am SO HAPPY! :D

From a point of view based strictly on scores, it was really nothing to write home about. The highest score from any of my four girls across both levels (4 and 6) was a 9.0, but there were tons of other victories. Some of them were score related, being directly tied to better performance. Others were personal accomplishments that meant so much on a deeper level. Needless to say, I am so frickin’ PROUD of these ladies! :D

Some of the victories:
  1. A Level 4 (let’s call her L), who has recently been scared to do the round-off handspring series on floor, decided she was annoyed enough to just do it and get on with it. No spotting necessary. :rolleyes:
  2. The other Level 4 (this one is K) finally competed her round-off handspring on floor with no help.
  3. K debuted a much cleaner bars routine.
  4. My one Level 6 (a different K) smashed out two great dynamic Tsukahara timer vaults in a row.
  5. Both Level 6s (K and M) hit their beam routines like bosses.
  6. Both of them hit floor like bosses, too! K stuck every landing and managed to do the best routine I’ve seen her do thus far.
  7. Both of them hit their bars routines! I scratched them on bars at their first meet because they simply weren’t ready. This time, they were.
  8. K made a new correction on her flyaway in the middle of warm ups on bars, and then hit it solid in the actual routine without needing help from me. It’s a skill that terrifies her and I’ve had to stand there and pull her away from the bar midair so she didn’t hit her shins every practice, and today she focused, took a brand new correction from me in the moment, and nailed it!
  9. M mildly hyperextended her knee last week and we took a very conservative approach to last week’s training and at the meet. She wore a great protective brace from the othopedist, kept me updated on her pain, and got through the whole meet like a champ.
  10. This was the second meet for the 6s this season, and they competed every event, hitting with no falls.
I repeat, I am SO FRICKIN’ PROUD!!! :D

Yes you Seem to be a great coach. I hope your girls and you reach all the achievements you have laid out. Post more on the bucket, this site is my go to when bored.

I also love reading your posts- as a parent it's so illuminating to read the perspective from the other side, and really gratifying to hear a coach take pride in the kids' accomplishments over their scores. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back