Parents Christmas Shopping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is on your gymnastics child's list?
Gym items are new leos
Shawn Johnson Gymnastics for the Wii

Non-gym items:
Christy Miller diary
Forever bracelet

But I need some more ideas. Age ranges are 7 and 11.

My kids are asking for wii games and a game called Loopz (which is oddly similar to Simon-remember Simon?)
My dd (who is 7) wants squinkies, fuzzoodles, itunes gift cards for her ipod, hair flowers, clothes, lil pet shop stuff, and barbie stuff...

she has so many leos she better not ask for any more;)

a Christmas and Shopping thread...oooh yeah...me likey:D

I am getting my 6 year old dd a charm bracelet from ten-o. It's inexpensive and there are over fifty gymnastics related charms that can be added (Each charm is around $4.00). A balance beam is also on her wish list. And any kind of barbie/princess stuff...

My dd wanted the GK leo that is leopard print with a matching leo for her American Girl doll! She also asked for the Shawn Johnson Wii and Ds game. Plus a ton of Barbie, Squinkie and American Girl stuff:)

DD has a birthday and Christmas in Dec. On the list- a ripstick, tv in room, trip to NJ for cake, Uggs, and a Vera Bradley bag...so far...

She recently got leos out of need and needs new snowboard boots too.

My dd, who will soon be 12, is "over" the gymnastics stuff :rolleyes: LOL. Her list is pretty much comprised of clothes from Aeropostale, Abercrombie, Delia's and jewelry from Claire's. New leos for gym and ballet are also on the list. My ds, who will soon be 9, wants the usual boy stuff--Lego's, games for his PSP and Wii, and toys :rolleyes:.

earrings, necklaces, nailpolish stuff for her room could be nice, Silly bands, hair stuff, thats all i can think of right now.

forgot one...Harumika stuff...girls love that kind of thing. My dd will play and play with hers. I got her some more stuff to go along with it so she can keep creating.

FYI - I was at the mall with my girls tonight and Justice has their "gymnast" hoodies on the sale rack. If you get the 40% off coupons in the mail, they're actually pretty reasonable. I didn't get one because Kathy has gymnastics hoodies coming out her ears (and your girls may too) but I thought I'd mention it.

I ordered my gymmie one of these...

DreamGYM Home Therapy Products DreamGYM Doorway Swing

along with a new pair of the fuzzy black GK shorts that she loves so much (one size up because her current pair is getting shorter every day). :D

Thanks

Love the doorway gym, but we have a chinup bar mounted there. LOL
Love the other ideas.
We have tons of gymnastics hoodies but she always wants more.

I forgot to mention-Big Lots has their Singer Craft and Sew sewing machines on sale for 30 dollars now. A friend's mother who sews says it is good beginner one for this age group. Adult enough not to break, but easy to use. I got Emma one for Xmas. :)

It is the Singer Pixie.

Last edited:
I'm totally done shopping :D

Gymnastics stuff that has been asked for... both Alexis and Rylee want a competition size beam. LOL! We have a beam ... but they both want a 'bigger' one.

Besides that... they want grips (because I will not buy them for them... my 4y/o said she was going to ask Santa because he will get them :rolleyes:), leos with matching shorts, warm-ups, matching hair accessories. Rylee wants a smarter spotter handspring trainer. Alexis wants something to hang in her room to display her gymnastics medals...

Besides that... they all want iPod Touches. Alexis is all about American Girl and wants the entire Kit collection, roller skates, a sewing machine (she wants to be able to make clothes for her AG dolls). Rylee... also love american girl... wants everything from the Lanie collection, more nail polish, roller skates. Austin wants an electric train, anything 'science related', legos, knex sets, hunting stuff. McKenzee Grace is 2 and doesn't care... LOVE shopping for her :D Plus lots of books and games for everyone!!

Mine wants a "real beam" too. I was going to come here and ask, because I don't know where to even get this, the cost (which will determine whether or not she gets it this year), etc.!

Anyone know?

Other than that she has (thankfully) asked for only a couple of small things. :)

Thought I would mention that I just ordered SIGG water bottles for both of my girls for Christmas. While they're still not cheap, right now they're having a special where you can get them engraved with a design and their name for free. I ordered the gymnast design for one DD and the ballerina for the other, and got their names put on them. And if you order 2 or more bottles, you get a free t-shirt. Here's the website and coupon code...

Use the code ENFREE11 during checkout at greensender.com to receive up to $6 off per bottle.
Good now through 12/20/2010.

(The engraving usually costs $3 for the name and $3 for the design, which is why it's up to $6 off)

Mine wants a "real beam" too. I was going to come here and ask, because I don't know where to even get this, the cost (which will determine whether or not she gets it this year), etc.!

Anyone know?

Other than that she has (thankfully) asked for only a couple of small things. :)

On the USAG website they have a directory of vendors for everything gymnastics. The big vendors gyms buy from are there, as well as some companies that specialize in home use stuff. Big bucks for a full size gym beam but many affordable home beams available.

Best place to buy- if there is a gym going out of business or moving you can usually get great deals on used stuff. Ask your gym owner if he knows of anything.

I saw on ebay this listing for a medal holder...it has a silhouette of a gymnast, and you get it personalized with the gymnast's name, and it has hooks attached to hold all the medals/ribbons. I'm thinking of getting one for DD (she's 10)

Other than that she wants all the clothes that say "gymnast" from Justice, and a couple of leos, and some stuff to make friendship bracelets.

HTH
Snowbound

What is on your gymnastics child's list?
Gym items are new leos
Shawn Johnson Gymnastics for the Wii

Non-gym items:
Christy Miller diary
Forever bracelet

But I need some more ideas. Age ranges are 7 and 11.

Let's see DD is 13 but is a "young" 13 for things like this.

even though she has more leos than she needs she still wants more "cool ones" what ever that means

She doesn't know about the Shawn J for Wii once she does she will want that I'm sure.

She wants a genisis Bow for archery (another sport she has discovered recently that she is liking alot)

An American Girl Doll - she has a specific one but I forget who it is right now

Anything Barbie - She is going to be a barbie-aholic forever I think

There is a list of Wii games she is looking for

She wants a Lap top and cell phone - but she isn't getting either of these.

She wants a week at gymnastics summer camp which we can do - but this year she wants to try Woodward in PA - Any Good?? Anyone been there??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back