WAG Christmas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We don't do anything big. Rec groups had a Christmas rehearsal and some of the competitive groups had open doors for parents to come and watch the last practice of the year. We had a pre Christmas party with my own group, we went to eat a dinner and then gathered together at my place and played some gymnastics themed Alias and ate too much candy. The girls liked it. We had many other alternative activities on mind but it turned out that the only possible evening I had free was over booked in most of the activity centers like trampoline park, laser war game and bowling.

Our team has a Christmas party. It's a potluck with secret santa and white elephant gifts. They dress up in their Christmas clothes and it's so nice to see them all dressed up with their hair down for a change! :p

My DD’s team had a Christmas/Hanukkah party. Each part of team put on a show, there was a buffet and raffles, a gift exchange, and a coach wrapping contest. It was last Friday. They canceled rec classes for the night and ended team practices early. It was for the whole family.

We just cut practice a little short and have cookies & cocoa with all team girls. The groups do a Secret Santa exchange with their practice groups. Nothing too extravagant. Most people are spread so thin this time of year that it's hard enough getting everyone together on the same day. Usually we have at least a few kids missing.

Here in Australia it is not just Christmas but also Summer vacation and the end of the school year.

It is very crazy, imagine all the stuff that happens at Christmas - parties, holidays etc and all the stuff that happens at the end of school year - graduations, break ups, dance recitals, proms etc and have them all at the same time of year and that is what we get.

Most gyms close for 2-6 weeks over the summer/Christmas period.

We do Christmas themed circuits for our younger rec kids, so the classes are full of fun Christmas activities. They all get a small gift. Teams have a break up party, bring a plate of food and play games, coaches have a staff party, usually a meal out together.

We had our team party on Monday. Everyone brings "a snack to share and your own drink." HC provides pizza. We have open gym... the girls take pictures with a blow up snowman... and everyone has a good time. IF a girl stays thru senior year, at her final home meet senior year, all her pictures are put in a display (the Snowman pics and other pics from her career).

Late reply)) But our gym (for team girls) does a fun-sock exchange and the girls find out there gym-sisters :) (You fill out a form then get a "gym sister" to whoever isnt in the same level as you who matched the most of your answers) DD didn't participate because she couldn't go on the day but always next year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back