WAG Circle of Stars Anyone?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Is or has anyone been to the Circle of Stars meet in Indianapolis. This will be Alex's first time competing there and I was just looking for information about the venue, hotels within the area and other things to do while there! Also, anything else regarding the meet that you might want to share.

DD's group attended a few years ago. We stayed at an Embassy Suites that was connected to the mall/convention center where the meet was being held. There were several other hotels also connected to the mall-I think the Westin and Hyatt maybe? I liked the fact that we didn't have to walk outside to get from the hotel to the meet since the weather was horribly cold and snowy. It was nice that there is no admission charge either. :D The only dislike that I had was that the awards took forever!! But DD was competing level 4 so I guess it was a large session. Good luck to Alex!

Great meet to see a variety of gyms. Really appreciated the free admission. Good viewing for parents /spectators. Enjoyed watching Indy prepare for Super Bowl last year. See you there, too.

Me and my gymnasts will be there. It will be a long weekend for us coaches, we start Friday morning and we have a session Sunday night(with plenty in between).

Bella's team is going. Very excited. Her first "big" meet....

In January we are doing this huge meet and Sand Dollar! It's big meet month for us!

Both my kids are competing at Circle of Stars this year!! So excited. I love this meet!! Great venue, hotels attached, free admission! My son has competed here a couple times but this will be the first time for my daughter. Now we are at 2 seperate gyms and we are finally going to a meet together. My daughter's session is Friday morning and my son's is Saturday afternoon. My son doesn't want to miss practice on Thursday and Friday evening. I don't think he is going to have a choice. A 4+ hour drive - would like to do the drive as a family!

I havent been to Circle of Stars in years, do the level 4s still compete on a tumble strip? I've emailed the meet directors but no answer.

Ugh! That tumble strip! My DD and her teammates were so nervous before competing floor. They were worried about coming off it. Once the first girl went and did fine, the rest of them relaxed and no one came off it. Still, I imagine it's a bit unnerving when they have been used to a full floor. We have not seen that strip floor again since (and we were there January 2010).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back