Class Names

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does your gym have fun class names? More than just beginner, intermediate, advanced. I've heard Twinkling Stars, Rising Stars, Shooting Stars, Super Stars. But I bet a lot of places have that. I'm trying to think of something creative for when I buy my gym. These will be for the team track- I'll probably do an advanced preschool class (ages 3.5-5), a pre-pre-team (ages 4-6), a pre-team (ages 5-10), then level 4, etc. I thought maybe cartwheelers, flippers, twisters, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

We do! We have the Tadpoles, Minnows, Mighty Minnows, Guppies, Jellyfish, Seahorses, Marlins, Dolphins, and the boys class is the Sharks. I think those are all really cute!

At a gym my DD used to go for a preschool class they had Tumble Bugs and Tumble Bees, I thought that was really cute.

Not really, excepet our preschool class is called Les Bout de choux, which translates to cabbage neds, but it means something small and cute in French. Always makes me laugh when I hear it!

Names are fun as they give the kids something to look forward to and identify with, especially in the pre team years.

At my gym, the classes are just called by their levels, but we have a preschool class called gymnasticats, which I think is really cute!

yeh our teams have name, but there pretty average ones.

pre-pre team- rockets
pre-team- sattellites
beggining rec- stars
advanced rec- gymstar

good luck on thinking of some really cool ones

at my gym, we have.. magic team for beginner- intermediate then jr stars & pre team is super stars. the preschool is called super gymbies. ( LOL?) thats about it tho. pretty lame, ahah.

The names are cute, but keep in mind that they are confusing for the new parents.

You know, "Is my kid a tadpole or a lemon starburst? I don't know."

I was looking at one gym that had cute class names but no indication of what age or ability level each one was, and we did not end up spending our money there because the schedule on the other gym's website made it more clear that the kid would be in the right class at a time that worked for us.

Also keep in mind that cutesy names might be embarrassing or discouraging for the older kids at lower levels.

I think the names are mostly for differentiating the groups in a quick way, so another way to go would be colors or A-B-C-D, etc.

Hope this helps!

Sister, you're right. Thats why I didn't want to do star names. You don't know if rising stars comes before or after shooting stars or super stars or some other stars. I like the idea of colors. I thought I'd just do Advanced Preschool- Pre-Team-Junior Team- Level 4. That makes sense. Right?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back