Parents Close but no cigar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MuggleMom

Proud Parent
Man little nugget was soooo close to making it to state. Missed in by .125 due to a really bad beam score. She rocked the other three events and improved her overall score by 1.8. A bunch of her team mates made it to state and she is taking it better than I am lol! In all seriousness all I said was I was super proud of her and talked about how much she improved this year.

On the bright side she made it into the school talent show and she didn't think she would since she messed up her routine :)

Awe! It sucks when they are so close. Congrats on all her accomplishments this year! It's good that she isn't too discouraged but I know it can hit us parents hard too!

That's the worst :-( So sorry, but glad she's taking it well. If it were my kiddo I would just point her in the direction of next season & have her keep working hard and she'll make it next year! :)

Wow, that's a great improvement. Sorry she didn't make states but it's still great to end the season on a high note.

Aww, those near misses can be so disappointing. Sounds as if she has worked really hard and made great improvements, and has a resilient attitude as well! Good job to both of you this season.

I am totally in your boat, DD was SO close too! She took it like a champ though and even went to state anyway to watch some of her teammates. She definitely cried about it and was upset but she's over it and is looking forward to what's to come next.
These kids are so much more resilient than we parents are. Congrats to your gymmie for being so close and doing a great job this season!

Yep, same here. I think it's almost harder on the mamas and daddy's! My dd is taking it in stride. She's looking forward to uptraining and moving forward. My most proud moment was seeing her cheer and clap for her teammates that did make it. The lessons she's learning will last a lifetime.

So feel your pain. Alex missed out Junior HP by .20 - also a really bad beam. I think its tougher on us then them sometimes. Keep your head up high momma... that was a great score improvement

Poor kid! But what an improvement! 1.8 is HUGE! It's all about personal victories. It still hurts though to be disappointed. An optional girl (who happens to be friends with my older DD) is a beautiful gymnast who got scores Puma Jr would kill for missed Regionals by less than a tenth at L7 States this weekend :( Good for your DD for rocking 3 of 4!

That blasted beam. She was sooo close - that had to have been frustrating. But I agree with the others that 1.8 is a HUGE gain and she should be so proud!

Hooray for talent shows! I'm glad she can celebrate getting in even despite an off routine- hopefully it'll give her a confidence boost. :)

This is almost exactly what happened to my DD! She was SO close! Most of her teammates also qualified for state but she missed out by a .20 due to a "decent sized" wobble on the beam which was her last event! I definitely I think it is harder on us parents than it is on our kids. I don't know why that is, maybe because we just want the best for them? But she is super happy that most of her team mates made it and it brings her joy to see them happy even though she may be dealing with the disappointment herself. It definitely stings for me though, but my DD has also made massive improvements this season compared to last and she knows it so that is what keeps her going. I am so proud of her and she is definitely looking forward to what next season will bring :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back