Off Topic Clothing help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
My DD, who is 14, is heading to DC in a week for a week of service. Part of the trip is going to Capitol Hill to meet with some government officials and going to the White House. They were told to bring a "business casual" outfit (along with work clothes, casual clothes, and a fancy outfit). What exactly is business casual for a 14 yo girl? I'm a sahm, and even when I worked we had very specific dress guidelines (public safety job)...and, well, I'm lost in the sauce. Would some basic pants and a button up shirt work? A simple dress would be easy, but with her long legs I fear it will look too short. We're already having that issue packing her shorts. I thought tall and slim was a problem before she was a gymnast.. Ha! I knew nothing. Now I have to clothe tall, slim, but with biceps and thighs that ruin fit too. Oye. Help! Thanks!

Slacks or khakis (not jeans) and a button up or other blouse would be fine. Or dress (not too short, not spaghetti straps) and cardigan. No flip flops, no sneakers.

Hahaha! I remember those days! I had to wear a size 16 men's dress shirt because my arms tore through the largest female blouse there was in the store thanks to my back and arm muscles (my mom was horrified!). It hung on me everywhere else (still have no chest development to speak of even today, maybe when I am 80?)...and I got mistaken for a boy three times on the trip!:confused:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back