Coaches club change - timing and competitions etc - not usa, fewer comps - timing question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Galadriel

Proud Parent
dd - who is a senior (just 18) not in usa wants to change clubs - difficult situation because small area with one established middle ranking club where we are, but breakaway coach (know all issues and happy with situation - ex personal coach) starting new club.

dd - wants to change to new club (not registered yet, and may have break of training of at least 6 weeks)

She is good (in top 10 of our country) but wants to change due to various issues

if she commits to quitting existing club now will miss 3 important competitions in next few months (dont compete as much as USA)

there is the possiblity that things may not pan out how she wishes wth new club..

but doesnt want to continue with existing if same as now past xmas..

so - question - commit now (being pushed that way) with no training at all (been on hols 3 weeks so far, and possibilty of no training for another 6 weeks)

or - keep training with existing, knowing we will want to quit when new opportunity comes about ???

i know that morally i would say quit and catch up in next 6 months, but dont know if better to be 'selfish' and stay with existing for next couple of months.....

If she wants to keep up with gym she should stay and train. It sounds like the new training situation may, or may not happen, so she really needs to keep her options open. 9 weeks off gym is a very long time at her level, plus missing three meets in some countries is like taking a year off competing in the USA, at her age I would say that was not in her best interests.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back