coach and other gymnasts are lazy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my practices feel more like a 3 hour open gym. theres no direction i could disappear 10 min and no one would know i was gone. one time at floor coach was talking in the office for 15 mins and the other girls were just laying around and talking. sometimes i just want to do nothing but isn't the coach suppose to tell me to get off my butt? what should i dooooo

Put your head down and work. Give yourself assignments to do a certain number of skill repetitions at each station. How other people are wasting their time is not your problem. Own your own progress and trajectory. It's not a good coaching situation though. How would your coach react if you said you'd like to be pushed more?

What profmom said. Get yourself a notebook and make notes on what skills you are wanting. work toward those. When nothing is going on, ask your coach to help you. be specific. Show the coach a skill and ask for feedback.

Odds are the coach is reacting to the apathy of the other girls and is mirroring that. If you show some initiative, they might get motivated.

im new to this site. But I just wanna put in my 2 cents. at my gym the coaches are pretty on top of it. If the other gymnasts are fooling around work on your own skills and strength conditioning cause 1. it might motivate them and 2. you will be soooooo much better than them. keep up the good work!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back