Coaches Coach Appreciation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PalmTree

Coach
Hi Coaches -

What does your gym do to show coach appreciation? I am basically the owner of my gym and wondering if a party/get together or gifts would be best? What have you received? I am the same age as most of my coaches, who are just out of college, if that makes a difference!

Just wondering what makes you feel appreciated.

Thanks!

Coaches get gifts at the Christmas party every year... they are a "secret" from the team.
Emails go out to a group called "gymnastics parents-no coaches" 3 people are designated collectors, and the gifts are bought.

Our coaches appreciate: gift cards (gas cards, wal-mart, etc) and one year, they got these stupid bags from 31... they were embroidered with their names. They LOVED them... I dont carry a purse, so ehhh.

Good luck.

We also get small gifts just before Christmas, and most likely at the Christmas party.

I've gotten gift cards, lotion and lots of chocolate! Probably more chocolate than anything else. The people buying gifts know me too well!

+1 also.

Or how about fuel for my airplane! Seriousely,,,,,,, I ask athletes/parents/staff who consider gifts for myself that outside of a cup of good coffee I would like to receive things that I can use for the athletes in the gym.

Interesting to read the posts.

Eric -

We have gotten a little bonus around Christmas in the past- gift card or a few extra bucks cash- from the gym owner which is definitely not expected or necessary.
I might get a little something from the kids every once in a while, a gift card, socks, cookies, etc. Which is all very appreciated but also not necessary. My favorite "gifts" from kids are handmade/written cards or pictures or just a sincere "thank you"- something that says they really thought about you and appreciate what you do. But coffee or chocolate certainly doesn't hurt ;).
I've been going through a few weeks of very unappreciative gymnasts who seem to like to push their limits while pushing all of my buttons, so just humoring me with some respect would be the best gift possible at this point! :confused:

We usually get something from the booster club for the holidays & end of the year such as a gift card. Typically to a restaurant or clothing store, though most recently I requested one to the local spa so I could get a massage after season ended!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back