Coach Christmas Gifts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone,
I am trying to figure out what to get my daughter's gymnastic coaches for Christmas. She goes to 2 different gyms and there are a total of 4 coaches. Two of them teach the younger class and normally she's not in that class unless her regular coach happens to be absent. So I'm not sure if I should even worry about those two. Still, if I could find something thoughtful and inexpensive I would like to get something for them as well.
Last year she only went to one gym and we took up a small collection and got the coach a gift card. This year it seems like everyone is strapped for cash and no one has mentioned it. This is a new group of girls/parents so I'm not sure if I should be the one to mention it or not. Anyway, does anyone have any inexpensive gift ideas. I would love to hear from some coaches and what you would like. Thanks so much!

Don't feel that you have to get coaches gifts. Its a nice thought if you can manage it. You could ask the other parents if they wanted to chip in a few dollars for a gift card, but some people may not want to or may want to give the coach something just from them.

Some nice home baked treats in a pretty tin or box would be well received and not cost much. I know many coaches live on coffee so maybe a small giftcard to Starbucks or a place close to the gym that sells coffee? A small ornament for the tree that your gymmie helps to make?

Hope some ideas help.

I like getting gift cards personally, doesn't have to be a lot. Even if its 10 bucks to Target, Meijer, Subway, or Tim Hortons, it would be useful.

As a coach, I only got a Christmas gift once and certainly don't expect it. So if it's not in the budget or you just don't have time, I wouldn't worry about it. And because it's really not the norm, at least where I am, anything is appreciated. The one gift I did receive was last year and was a pair of those shea butter infused Bath and Body Works socks which were really nice. Other than that, I've only ever gotten cards/drawings the kids have done themselves which are so sweet and really appreciated. It really shows that the child put forth an effort.
My brother coaches swimming and gets a boatload of gifts every year from students. Everything from pricey gift cards to book stores, sporting goods stores, restaurants, etc. to candy, homemade goodies, kid created crafts, and coffee. He honestly appreciates all of it and one of his most prized gifts was a lego sculpture a little girl on his team made for him.

It sounds so cliche but of all the gifts I received as a coach the thoughful home made ones especially with the kids touch were my favorite. I would adore an ornament that the child made, especially the little ones. I always enjoyed the thought more than anything, sometimes it was just a handmade card. It is really nice to know you are someone who matters in your son or daughters life, but a gift was never expected either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back