Parents Coach Conversation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well.....My Cell phone just rang, it was the gym's phone number. Now, I dont know about you but when DD is at practice and the gym calls my heart drops! I think.. oh no, she is hurt.

Beetle was on the other end. "Mom, Guess What? I am a LEVEL 8!!!"

"WHAT??? I say???" I couldnt believe it..

This is what happened. HC Pulled Beetle off to the side during vault today. Said, "Beetle you are working really hard, staying clean, you are focused and really working hard on Bars, and even though you don't have your pirouette yet, we are going to move up to Level 8!"

Then they moved to bars and she did 4 Pirouettes! All in Full Bar routines! Once the pressure was off, she went out and did them! Isnt that typical?

Beetle and I were both teary eyed on the phone..I talked to HC, he said that he is so impressed with her drive and desire, Also he is moving her up out of fairness, there is a current L8 that doesnt have her Pirouette but he is letting her compete. Beetle has more skills than this L8 So it is only fair.

I couldn't be prouder of her, she kept her chin up and kept working hard
toward her goal.

Thanks to all of you, my CB friends who were supportive during this L8 Journey..

Fantastic for Beetle. Shows that true desire and hard work do pay off!!! Yes, I think its only fair to move her since one other girl is struggling with the pirouette, but sounds like Beetle is struggling no more.

Congrats from one new L8 to another!!!

I am so pleased for Beetle, she has worked had and has been determined to succeed. She deserves this so mcuh.

Congratulations to you both.

Sounds like she has a great coach who understands the need for individuality.

Yaaay, Beetle! I am so impressed! She must be a great kid to have focused on her goal like that and not get all down & whiney about it. I'm sure the coach also knows that it's girls like this who should move up. Attitude & maturity are 9/10ths of the success story in gymnastics, IMHO!

Yeah Beetle we are soooo very very proud of you. :applause::bouncy::highfive::cool:
:bars:

Way to focus and reach your goal. NOW can you get Paige a giant??? :confused: best wishes Beetle

That is awesome, AWESOME, awesome news. I am getting a little teary! CONGRATS to her!!! And you, too!:D

how wonderful for Beetle. I know you are proud. she should be too !! I think it is wonderful for the coach to recognize her hard work and determination. Way to go on the bars now that the pressure is off.

keep us posted.

Great news for Beetle!! What a nice surprise for you, too!!!

Now I wish MY level 8 could get her pirouette but she is still fighting alot of mental blocks!!

I'm a little teary too. Great news for Beetle. I love that her hard work and determination have made an impression on her coach. DH is a coach( not gymnastics) but when her and his coach friends talk they always say that they would rather have a person with passion and desire rather then super talented. They last longer in the sport and will often achieve more then the talented person.

Thank you for everyone's kind wishes. Now 1 week after the Big Move to L8 we have good news and bad news (isnt that typical!?)

First the good news! The Pirouette wasnt a fluke! Beetle did Pirouettes on Friday and Monday. Monday night I saw a great bar routine a cast to handstand and a straight pirouette!! It was PRETTY!! It was the first one I have seen..

Now the bad news, On Thursday after HC told her she moved up, After she did her first 4 priouettes they went to beam where she fell on a BHS on High beam and jammed her wrist. She finished practice.

Friday, she did all of practice, but was in some pain. She had taped her wrist and made it through She rested all weekend and then Monday felt better still sore but nothing horrible. I told her she should still tape her wrist. She didnt.. she did a full practice (Actually more than a full practice - it ran 1/2 hour over) Yesterday she couldnt do anything. She vaulted, but couldnt do any pirouettes barely could do her giants.

She is so worried that this is a 'set back' I told her it isn't a set back it is a minor sprain. Since she was able to do a full practice on Monday without much soreness.

She is off today, I am going to keep her out of practice tomorrow and Friday they are runnign a short practice. Then she will have the weekend off. But we will have to watch it..

That is terrible. Hopefully it is something minor that will just take a few days to heal with out any irritation from using it.

Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back