Coaches Coach Exchange

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Has anyone had any first hand experience of a Coach Exchange between North America and Europe ?

I know that our systems are different and find the American techniques interesting. I have looked on the BG website and its says that it offers conversion for accepted coaching qualifications and thought that this must have been done before.

If you have done it how long for ? What did you gain from the experience ( other than a working holiday in another country) ? Did you swap jobs, residences, pay packets ?

Just curious

'Margo

When I was young :eek:ld: it was fairly common for our older teenage/early 20's coaches to spend the summer holidays in the us coaching at various camps. There used to be some sort of scheme for it, they used to recruit round 6th forms.

I know some of our higher level gb coaches go out to us elite gyms, but not sure how it would work for ground level coaches?

Intresting Idea, have been thinking about similar thing.

But since my father is from pakistan and i look arabic i am to say abit hesitant to go to US.
It would be fun to go some where in Europe thou for a week or so this summer to see how other countries and coaches is working.

Intresting Idea, have been thinking about similar thing.

But since my father is from pakistan and i look arabic i am to say abit hesitant to go to US.
It would be fun to go some where in Europe thou for a week or so this summer to see how other countries and coaches is working.
Lots of middle eastern looking folk in North America. You would have no issues.

My sister had a transit in US 2-3 years ago.
They had a look at her and she had to wait for next fight IE next day :).
And yes she had all the papers in orders.

I know there is a lot of middle easterna looking folk in NA, but after that incident and some others.
I am not sure its worth it.
So many others place worth exploring, but Cananda would be another sida of the coin tbh. If i go to NA some day is will be Canada.

But shouldnt hijack the thread for this.

It would be intressting to hear what kinda of exchange programs for coach or other ways exchanging knowledge between countries in gymnastic.

We had our Elites and high levels do a training exchange with the Welsh team over the past Christmas break and they came to our competition in Singapore last November. They did a small mock competition for the gymnasts near the end of the two week training so it was a real confidence booster for our girls who only get 3-4 competitions a year. Our gym is always looking for exchanges of these sorts in N. America, S. America and Europe please let me know if there are any programs available. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back