Parents Coach help ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3gymgirlsmom

Proud Parent
My dd has 2 new coaches to her , and She likes them
but seems to have issues with 1 coach constantly telling her she has bent legs (she is ok with being told corrections ) the issue is the other coach tells her they are fine so she is getting Conflicting
corrections , She also is told she needs work on vaulting and cannot get over all of a sudden but she can on a diff setting but the coaches will not set it to what she can do it on, This is a kid who had been through so much and trying to get back to gymnastics , she had brain cancer last year and only competed 2 partial meets and not even a year ago now (almost a year she was allowed to even do a carthweel but did condtion as she could between chemo treatments and radiation.

We also were told she gets frustrated to easy , um yea I would when one tells me to do one thing while the other says its fine , like I said she is very ok with corrections since she knows the only way to get better is by knowing what to correct

What level is she?

If she is L6 ... or they want her to be L6 by the end of the season, then she needs to be able to vault on at least 115 cm (in my gym, we call it a "3"). We currently have one L6 that vaults on "1" and two that will be L6 that vault on "2". These two girls have one more meet this season on Saturday, so we arent messing with their vault setting until AFTER that. The other girl just moved up from a "0" so we are working on it.

As for conflicting info about bent knees ... just tell her to go with the flow. Squeeze as tight as she can and that's the best she can do. Maybe have her ask each coach (at different times) to record her so she can SEE the problem / or SEE "how it looks" and then she can judge for herself.

No she is a level 4 (3rd season , season 1 she moved up after season started so late and only 3 meets, Season 2 she had just finished Chemo , So only did the last 2 meets and partial since she finished Chemo in September and competed in November)

and I will have her sister Record her at the next private (my 3 younger ones do a private together ) Great idea!
Like I said we have no issue with getting correction since that is the only way she will get better.
just also told she gets frustrated but it didn't seem like that was an issue just that she does , but I admit I would be frustrated when I hear confliction issues as well.

It may be that she has bent legs with both coaches but for one of the coaches it’s their ‘pet hate’ where as the other might just see them as only slightly bent and let it go, in which case she will just need to learn that one coach will pick up on it more than the other, my dd certainly has learnt that with her different coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back