Parents Coach is leaving

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

laurameer

My DD found out tonight that one of her two coaches is leaving. She seemed fine during practice, but afterward was very upset and saying she wants to go to another gym. She said she doesn't care about the coach leaving, but there isn't any other reason for this sudden outburst. She really loves gym and is doing very well. I'm sure it's just her 6yr old way of handling it. She also just went from 6 to 9 hours a week in the gym last week and is pretty wiped out after practice. I'm hoping her outlook will be better tomorrow. Fri will be the coach's last day and a parent meeting to discuss what's up with the team. I just feel so bad for DD. If you've been through this and have any words of advise to encourage her, I'd really appreciate it. I'm sure it won't be the last coach we lose over the years.

Seems like there is alot of the coach leaving "bug" going around from all the other posts. We haven't gone through it although we did switch gyms---in a sense losing/gaining coaches.

Is your dd close to this particular coach? Sometimes as I've seen when there are 2 coaches, one is "good" coach while the other is "bad" coach. Could it be that the coach that is staying is not as "nice" in your dd's eyes as the one leaving? Tomorrow will be tough for the girls and it will be interesting if they bring in a 2nd coach to help out with the team.

If she continues to be upset, then you might want to ask her about the coach who didn't leave and how its different with him/her working with the team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back