Coach Leaving...What to do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I forgot until today that today is the last day my coach will be working at our gym!

She got another job that she has to be at pretty much all of the time she would be at the gym, coaching. :(

But she's not just any coach. She's been my coach the whole time I've been in pre-team at this gym: 3 years. :( {Pathetic, right? I don't think I'll ever move up...}

Anyway, I want to do something special for her. But what?! It needs to be done by 5 p.m., so I have 4 hours.

I can't bake something, that takes too long.

Making a medal that says "best coach ever!" or something would be cheesy.

My best idea yet is...well, I made a mini model of beam, but it's not done yet. I would finish the model {it's made out of popsicle sticks!}, then add a "person" made out of pipe cleaners doing some trick onto it. I was thinking about making it, like, a trophy, but I don't have anything to mount it on. No random blocks of wood or stone, and not even small boxes of cardboard. So it would probably just be the beam model on a square of cardboard. But what would I write on it?!

I need ideas, please! Thank you! :D

I agree with txgymfan, it doesn't have to be fancy. I've received a few notes from students I've taught at band camp and coached, and I still have each and every one. It's hearing those little things and that your coach made a difference in your life/gym career that remind us(coaches) why love what we do! :)

Okay. Maybe I could make a card, and get the older kids in my class to sign it? {They combine younger pre-team with older pre-team in the summer, so there are mostly 7-and-8-year-olds in the class, along with a few 14-year-olds. The 7-year-olds have only had her for, like, 4 days, but us older kids have had her for at least a year.}

A card from the group would be nice but also write a nice note from yourself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News