coaches fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cooper

as a relatively new booster club we are assessing what should be paid for coaches fees for meets. can folks share their experiences on what they pay...our coaches are paid hourly by the gym owner and are highly qualified, coaching all levels

I'm sure coaches' meet fees vary by area, gym, booster club, etc., but here's what we pay for each coach who attends a meet (we often take more than one coach to a meet when there are multiple levels competing at the same time or split sessions for one level):

1. transportation to the meet - normal mileage if he/she drives, or airfare, and car rental if its a fly away meet.

2. Per diem for food - varies by location but usually $30 - $40 per day

3. Hotel room

4. Session fees - $50 - $100 per session per coach depending on the meet

5. Incidental expenses

We try to have coaches share a room or car ride wherever possible. We have found that if we are fair with our coaches regarding their expenses, they will be reasonable in what they turn in. It has worked out well for all concerned.

Our Booster Club is a little different, we do limited fundraising and can use the money toward out of state expenses. That being said, our gym does require that we pay coaches fees for meets. They include a fee for each session they coach at the meet. Travel expenses (Gas or airfare) to and from the meet, hotel rooms if necessary, and food expenses. Our team has gotten smaller over the last couple of years, so a lot of the time we will car pool with the coaches to reduce cost.

I hope that helps answer your question.

I'm sure coaches' meet fees vary by area, gym, booster club, etc., but here's what we pay for each coach who attends a meet (we often take more than one coach to a meet when there are multiple levels competing at the same time or split sessions for one level):

1. transportation to the meet - normal mileage if he/she drives, or airfare, and car rental if its a fly away meet.

2. Per diem for food - varies by location but usually $30 - $40 per day

3. Hotel room

4. Session fees - $50 - $100 per session per coach depending on the meet

5. Incidental expenses

We try to have coaches share a room or car ride wherever possible. We have found that if we are fair with our coaches regarding their expenses, they will be reasonable in what they turn in. It has worked out well for all concerned.

Our Booster club does the same with one exception, we pay outright for half of the expenses. A survery was taken last year asking all parents how much they want to try to fundraise as opposed to paying outright. The results came back that most would be comfortable trying to fundraise about 50% of the expenses. So the yearly expenses were estimated, split in half and the Booster club pays half and the parents pay the other half.

Our fundraising efforts haven't been the greatest. We still don't have our tax exempt status, so that limits us on taking part of some of the great fundraisers - scrip!!

Anyway, parents decided that they didn't want to keep going door to door to sell things (competing w/the schools, scouts, other sports teams, etc), and then that left US buying junk we don't want to gain a dollar or two to our booster club accounts. But anyway, I see I'm going off track here!!

Yes, GymDad2's breakdown is accurate, and our booster club pays 1/2; parents the other 1/2!!

At the gym I was at last year, I made $100/session + mileage from the gym to the meet ( which is around 50cents/miles ). If there were 4 gymnasts in one session, they split it. If there was 1 or 2, they split it or paid it outright.

Well, I think I was paid $100/session. We were only paid for food per diem if the meet did not have a hospitality room for judges and coaches ( which is unheard of ).

For just one session, it's pretty rough since it's typically 3-4 hours per session besides drive time which could be an hour to two each way. Ugh. 3 sessions suck, 4 session suck big since basically we are there for possibly over 14 hours besides our drive time.

Carpooling with parents is an interesting and I would be up for it as a coach so long as I could get there and get home alright. Then again, I might not want to and it wasn't an option last year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back