Coaches Coaches, would you ever ask a family to leave

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes. I'm not a coach but parents have to sign a behavior contract. It's a shame for the child, but it does occasionally happen.

Our gym will and has done this on a few occasions. I'm sure it's tough but as a previous post stated, there is a behavior contract that parents sign and should be followed.

Would and have.

EDIT: Since this question is directed at coaches, I'll move it to the coaches forum.

Yes, of course. A gym is a private business in most cases and you have the right to refuse service.

If one parent is making the situation difficult for other families, children or coaches you are better off without them.

Sadly just this week. Only a level 3, but I have thrown out as high as second place at East/West. Neither were really gym related (booster stuff), but the manner they approached me wasn't acceptable. I will not be verbally assaulted in my gym or anywhere else for that matter. I learned many years ago to get rid of them ASAP, because it's only a matter of time anyway, so why drag it out and let them disrupt you or your program. No one likes to do it, but it beats the heck out of the alternative.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back