Parents coaching !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
I started coaching this week !!!

I am assisting with a pre-school class and two rec. classes. I have also been helping with the L3's. It has been a lot of fun. I really enjoy it, and learning too.

funniest thing happened tonight. DD's L3 class ended at 6pm when the rec class began. She went out to complete her homework. when she finished she came in to 'demonstrate' to the rec girls when needed. Now - our L6 girls and up got to pick out new competition and warm up leos this year and DD just LOVES them. HC told her she had to earn it and get to L6 to get one. She has been going around telling everyone she is going to be a L6 (some of the girls actually went to HC to ask why DD was moving to L6 LOL) leaving out the some day !! So she was helping tonight and she told one of the girls "don't worry, I know what I am doing, I am about to be a L6" :eek:

I told HC she has created a monster :D DD is determined to get that Leo !! She has even done her L6 beam dismount !!

Thats hilarious! Great job on the coaching. Don't worry, some day she will be a level 6, and when she gets there, there will be some other little L3 telling everyone she will be a level 6 LOL.;);););)

Glad that you are loving coaching! Hope it goes well for you. :D

That is hilarious about your DD and telling everyone she is going to be a L6. My DD loves the L6 floor routine and is always trying to learn it at home. She says she at least wants to get to L6 so she can do that floor routine. I told her she has plenty of time since the routines will be in place till 2013. LOL. And "Wow!" to your DD on that L6 beam dismount!

Sounds like the coaching is going well - that is great :D

Too funny about your dd - of course in reality once she reaches level 6 she won't want to do it. She will be like all the others - so done with the compulsory routines and looking forward to level 7 when she can have her own. Of course I wouldn't mention that to her - or she might be trying to make it to level 7 by next week, lol.

CONGRATS on your new coaching job...not sure is loving it more you or your DD, LOL, too funny about the move to L6

My DD also thinks the level 6 beam dismount is the BOMB! But then again anything handstand to her is cool.

My DD would love it if she could spend 24/7 in a gym but alas a coaching career would never work for me, I am not athletic at all. I could barely do a cartwheel or round-off in my day.

CONGRATS on your new coaching job...not sure is loving it more you or your DD, LOL, too funny about the move to L6

My DD also thinks the level 6 beam dismount is the BOMB! But then again anything handstand to her is cool.

My DD would love it if she could spend 24/7 in a gym but alas a coaching career would never work for me, I am not athletic at all. I could barely do a cartwheel or round-off in my day.

I can't even touch my toes, let alone a cartwheel. I pull a muscle just watching my DD's practice LOL.:eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back