WAG College meet question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
I've been to the NCAA championships, but never a regular meet.

How does it work with only two teams? Do they only do events at one time? or all four, and the teams are split up?
Also - about how long do they last?

Thanks for any info!

For as far as I know, team one starts on bars and team two on vault. Once they are done, they rotate (team one to vault and team two to bars). They do the same with beam and vault

That is correct - at a dual meet the home team starts on vault, the visiting team on bars, and then they switch (so the home team ends up competing in Olympic order and the visiting team competes in reverse Olympic order). As far as length of meet, probably two hours - only 6 gymnasts compete on each event for each team, and the most that will compete on an event in 8 (they are allowed up to two exhibition routines, but usually a team will only exhibition 1 gymnast per event, if any at all).

Also, the gymnast goes on vault, and then the gymnast goes on bars, and then the next gymnast goes on vault, and the next gymnast goes on bars. No one competes when someone else is competing.

Also, the gymnast goes on vault, and then the gymnast goes on bars, and then the next gymnast goes on vault, and the next gymnast goes on bars. No one competes when someone else is competing.
I love this about 2 team meets. When there are more teams it is too chaotic, always feeling like you are missing someone's routines.

I didn't know that - that makes it even better!! We've been to the NCAA championships twice, and the Olympic trials last year. It's SO hard to keep track when you want to see EVERYONE!!

We have a college team nearby and it is SO fun to go to the meets. Ours are very reasonably priced also.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back