Parents College Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

what good is a verbal if it isn't publicized? The colleges want the girls to announce their verbals so that other potential schools don't continue to try to recruit them.
A verbal is not worth the paper it’s printed on. Because it’s a verbal.....

Can you give me a link to the spreadsheet for commits .. I’m having trouble finding of on your site

I disagree, verbals are worth something, of course, they can be flipped, as we've just seen with Emma Kelley and quite a few others this year. My daughter told a school that asked her to wait to commit, that she was verballing and she ended her recruitment process with other schools. It does stop the recruitment process for the most part. I think more gymnasts are taking more official visits than in the past, prior to the rules, and there's been some question about whether that recruit will commit or not. Starting to be like other sports.

The other verbiage I've heard about a gymnast that had great results her early years, but less than stellar the last years before entering college, is "there's not enough money." What I found interesting is that everyone locally knew what happened but I've seen some adults on gymternet that have no percipient knowledge, state she was definitely always a walk-on and just switched her commit, which is completely not the case. She had a verbal offer that was withdrawn, then had another great scholarship opportunity at a more prestigious academic school but chose to walk-on to a better gymnastics program and what was a better fit for her socially.

FWIW, I know of a kid that had committed to UCLA only to pull out two months prior to the start of school to go to USC. Coaches understand that verbals don't mean much either way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back