WAG Commonwealth Games 2014!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OzZee

Proud Parent
So the Commonwealth Games have started!
For those in the right time zone how was the opening ceremony? (hopefully we will get highlights tonight)
What are you looking forward to?

its still going on ! I went out to my friends but when I came home the smalls had John Barrowman belting out scottish type songs

Opening ceremony was rubbish! Cross between Glee and Balamory. With added Children in Need...

And sexist! The land where women blether indeed ....

As for John Barrowman...

:oops:Oh sorry to answer your question, both children are wanting to watch the gymnastics, one want to watch athletics and swimming and the other "karate and shooting" I am hoping to watch more Tour de France :)

Opening ceremony was rubbish! Cross between Glee and Balamory. With added Children in need...

I thought it was balamory! Nobody outside of the uk will have a clue what was going on

I wasn't sure if it was just the BBC viewers seeing the children in need scenes

Just tuned in before school. Ian Thorpe looked rather camera shy during his announcement in the flag thing.

I thought it was pretty cheesy. I get that they tried to do the stereotype in an ironic way (at least I truly hope that's what they were going for), but it didn't work for me and reminded me of a small town talent contest after they've all been on the beers.

John Barrowman sets my teeth on edge and Rod Stuart... really? That's the best they could do? They had the whole of Scotland to go at!

Loved the Scottish ballet bit - simple but effective.

We recorded the opening ceremony and will watch it with the kids later. I won't be disappointed by a bit of cheesiness. In my mind cheese and Commonwealth Games opening ceremonies go hand in hand. But that might just be because I'm just old enough to remember a giant winking fibreglass kangaroo spewing small children from her pouch. It's hard to top in the cheese stakes, but I do like to see other countries try.

So if everyone's talking Barrowman I assume there was no Connery? Now that's a shame!

I am looking forward to the gymnastics of course, and I have no doubt I'll sit happily in front of swimming and cycling. The kids are just looking forward to the traditional relaxing of TV rules that come with big televised international multi-sport meets. Also quite looking forward to seeing Thorpie do his thing in the commentary box.

For Australians - channel 10 seems to be promising rhythmic gymnastics highlights on channel 10 from 9pm, and three hours of dedicated rhythmic coverage on their TenPlay web channel Glasgow 6.

And at 10.40, no rhythmic on tv, no weightlifting, just triathalon and of course swimming.
And when I last looked the tenplay channel was down due to high demand, lol.

well saw some of the Rythmic at my dads, unfortunately they had some problems with the picture so interestingly ther4e seemed to be lots of disembodied legs, going to see if we can get it catch up later as P&F was at school til 1.30 today and missed a lot of it.

I've just overdosed on rhythmic - think 3 straight hours may have been overdoing it - by the end the feet seemed to be floating around separately from the bodies! Dd and I had great fun with hula hoops and balls making up our own routines as the real ones seemed to have gone awol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back